44. "It would be a privilege."

Zoya's POV

I yawned looking at the TV. Maasi is again watching this show which makes no sense. In this the female lead takes all the insult that is thrown at her by her own children.

I groaned. It isn't even realistic…! I looked at the screen. Main character's daughter-in-law was hurling insults at her.

“Thanks to God! Both of my daughter-in-laws aren't like her.” Maasi spoke and wiped the corner of her eye.

I scoffed. I can understand that bad children can exist in this world but this lady in the serial is height. 

I sighed and unlocked my mobile. Still no call or message from Aditya. He said he will try not to ignore me. It's time for him to leave the office, right? 

It is better to watch this stupid show rather than dying in my own misery. I made myself more comfortable on sofa and straightened my legs, keeping them in Maasi's lap. She didn't object even a bit. I told ya! She is my second mother.

I closed my eyes relaxing myself. I tried to meditate and was surely gonna fell asleep in a minute. Out of nowhere my mobile rang, jolting me awake. 

“Who is it Zoya?” I looked at her.

Amm.. what should I say? Because it's Aditya.

“Aditya…” I told her. She nodded and went back to watching her show.

I sat up and picked up the call.

“Hello..?” 

“Zoya… I am outside of your house… As you said… We need to talk…” 

So he is finally here. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. 

“Maasi… He is outside… I will come soon…” I informed her and she nodded, very much stuck in her show. 

I picked my shawl from the dining chair and wrapped it around my shoulders. I walked out hurriedly but then my steps slowed down. What the hell we are gonna talk about?? Jump in a well Zoya! You were very keen on talking na? Now talk!

“Hey…” I greeted him softly as I reached near him. 

All of a sudden I felt self conscious, nervous and shy. His back was facing me as he was doing something in his mobile. 

He turned to me and greeted back. Lord! This awkwardness!! He then glanced at something behind me and held my hand.

“What's wrong?” I asked and looked over my shoulder to find Masso standing in the balcony. He was on call with someone.

I bit back my laugh. How can I forget that my Masso can intimidate even the intimidating Adi.

Aditya made me sit in the passenger seat and after gazing at me for few seconds he closed the door. He jogged to his side and settled himself in the driver seat.

“Where are we going?”

“Beach.” He replied and I didn't ask any further. 

Beach had always been our place. We have been there so many times and shared so many important talks there. And that's my comfort place too. Whenever I felt low, I went there. Watching the smooth waves of the ocean, provides an unexplainable solace. 

If he thinks that I didn't notice him stealing glances at me then he is wrong. I think we are in the same boat. He too don't know what to talk. Or. How to talk.

Soon we reached our place and he stopped the car. He sighed and then climbed out of the car. He looks really nervous. But Adi… It's only me.

I too came out of the car. I shivered as the cool breeze caressed my face. He came towards me and slowly held my hands in his. I think he is gonna say everything in one breath. I chuckled inwardly, biting my lips.