40. "YOU WHAT... Ouch!"

Aditya's POV

I leaned on the railings of the balcony, standing in the cool breeze. Now that my parents have agreed, I have no problem in talking to Aarohi. I dialled her number and waited for her to pick my call.

“Hello?” 

“Aarohi…” 

“Who is it?”

What? Don't she know me?

“It's Aditya here. Your best friend's best friend.” 

“No! You aren't my bestie's best friend. You are just a friend!” I can imagine her making a face. 

Okay! Focus Aditya… You can tease her later.

“Aarohi… I need your help.” I informed her, seriously.

“Ohho… Aren't we enemies?” She spoke in a playful tone.

“Aarohi….” I sighed.

“Jokes apart. It's a serious matter and it concerns Zoya.” I told her.

“Zoya? What has happened?” 

“Actually… My ex has returned and-”

“I know that! Tell me something useful.” She told me, interrupting me in middle.

She knows? 

“You know?” I asked not able to believe.

“Everything. That she left you in your bad time. Okay. Now tell me what is it.” 

I sighed. Zoya really don't hide anything from Aarohi. Like anything.

“I want to know what Zoya feels for me. Does she thinks of me just as a friend or-” 

“Why should I tell you?” 

What is it with her cutting me off in middle again and again?!

Control Adi!

“I… It is important for me… I love her..” I whispered at the end.

“YOU… WHAT! DO YOU- Ouch!” I heard her wince loudly on the other side.

“What happened? Are you fine?” Hearing her, I asked worried.

“Ya.. ya..” She groaned a bit.

“You continue…” She asked me, sighing tiredly.

“She is happy in reuniting me with Pooja. Like really?” I started as I am talking to my bestest friend.

“Hmm… So, I was right…” She spoke to herself which I heard.

“What?” 

“Okay Aditya. I am telling you everything. Zoya thinks that you still love Pooja.” 

“What?” I asked with disbelief.

“Your fault Aditya… You told her-” 

“Aarohi… Last when Pooja's topic came up was when we were in Delhi, shopping. Before your engagement. I told her I don't know what I feel. And at that time that was true…! But now, I didn't even remember Pooja untill I heard her name.” I explained her desperately.

She sighed.

“Aditya… She have crush on you from long time. From our high school days.” My eyes widened. 

Really? Zoya… You turned out to be so secretive.

“And now, when she realised that it isn't a mere crush and was planning to tell you, your ex approached her. She concluded that-”