12. Walk, Talk and Menace

“Oh! Let it be dear

“Oh! Let it be dear. I will do it.” Mrs. Hooda said, stopping Zoya from helping her clear off the table.

“No Aunty I will help you. You take these sweet dishes and bowls. I will clean this.” Zoya said, handing over the tray to Mrs. Hooda.

Mrs. Hooda glared at Aditya gesturing him to help Zoya. He shook his but started helping her. They walked in the kitchen together carrying plates and bowls.

“Nice kitchen!” Zoya exclaimed looking at the cabinets. Mrs. Hooda really have a good taste.

“It is done by me.” He said keeping the plates. She looked at him surprised.

“Really? I mean ladies maintain their kitchens and choose colouring, etc.” She asked, not believing.

At her home, it was her mother who chose everything. Ofcourse, after consulting them.

“Yeah.. she chose some old fashioned design. Thanks for the appreciation though.”

There was a window there. She opened its both the doors and looked outside. There was a park nearby. Full moon could be clearly seen. Moonlight fall on her face as he came and stood beside her.

“So… how's my over dramatic mother?” He asked smirking, looking outside.

She looked at him and shook her head smiling.

“Be a bit more appreciative. She is so so nice! And the way she handled me and Noor. I see my mother in her. Such a pure soul.” She said looking out, smiling. He glanced at her.

“Yeah! She have a thing in recognising people in one or two time meeting them. She knows my genuine friends. Maybe that's why she didn't like her, because she recognised her.”

‘Huh? Recognised her? Who?’ She thought and then remembered that whatever it is, Arjun knows it.

‘What are you hiding Aditya?’ She thought anxiously.

She kept looking at his face. Standing in kitchen, near window, moonlight was directly falling on them. She can't help but keep staring at his face trying to get what's going in his mind.

“Penny of your thoughts Madam!” He said, snapping his fingers. It broke her trance.

“Staring me? Huh?” He said, with his corner of lips curved up in a smirk. He kept his one hand on the wall and another on kitchen platform. Trapping her in between his arms.

‘Proceed with caution! Looks may kill!’ Her eyes widened.

She blinked her eyes few times, before answering.

“No..no.. I was not... Staring!”

“You were!” He stated, still smirking.

“No!” I scoffed.