45. "I can't promise..."

Author's POV

“Aaroooohhhiii!!” Zoya shouted in her best friend's ears who was busy in going through her dresses.

“Whaaaattt?!!” Aarohi asked back in the same manner.

“I don't feel well….” 

Aarohi instantly turned to Zoya and looked at her worriedly.

“What is it? Is your head aching or something else? I-” 

“Aaru!! I meant it by all of these preparations…” Zoya told her, stopping her unnecessary worrying session.

“What do you mean by all preparations?” Aarohi asked cupping her waist in an intimidating manner.

Zoya rolled her eyes and slumped on her bed with a foul face.

“Aren't we rushing it all?” Zoya finally asked what was bothering her from inside.

“No… I don't think so…” Aarohi answered nonchalantly and again started to go through Zoya's dresses.

By the end of the November, everyone in Aditya and Zoya's close circle knew that they aren't just friends. Families like every desi family decided to get them married. After consulting a priest, it was concluded that either they should get married this month, that is in December or forget about marriage for three years. 

Zoya had no problem at start but now she was getting all nervous and jittery. How come Aarohi was so calm?

“How were you maintaining your cool during your engagement?” Zoya asked, lying comfortably on bed. 

“I didn't had to. I was all fine.” 

“How?!” Zoya was completely into knowing Aarohi's secret.

“Amm..  how to explain it…” Aarohi said, thinking.

Zoya waited patiently for her to answer. 

“See… I never had any boyfriend. So, I was sure about an arranged marriage. Then abhi joined the hospital. Slowly we became friends. Then he turned to be the chosen one.” 

“Chosen one? Again Harry Potter?” Zoya asked, making a tired face.

She had enough of her obsession over Harry Potter.

“I meant, the alliance that got fixed was his. Meaning, my family selected him. And me? Ofcourse, I was kind of awkward at start but he was familiar. So, the awkwardness left early.” 

Zoya nodded and yawned, listening to her story. 

“I was saying that everything was in flow. Like… Amm… Perfect…” 

“Just like you want.” Zoya muttered.

“Did you say something?” Aarohi asked looking at her in suspicion.

“Nope. No. Nada!” 

Aarohi first looked at her suspiciously and then let out a breath, buying her answer.

“Come on. Let's go downstairs. Aditya, his parents and Arjun will be arriving soon.” 

Hearing that, exhaustion was all over Zoya's face. From that day till now, she isn't able to figure out a single topic to talk with Aditya. It is him who initiate the conversation. 

And after this date fixing, she is being all nervous and jittery. All the teasing sessions from her cousins serves as the cherry on top. Her cousins as in Masso and Massi's two sons and a daughter. They with their spouses.