31. Why byes are awkward?

Aditya's POV

Aditya's POV

“Aditya…. Can I ask you a question?” Zoya asked as I was keeping our bags in the car trunk.

We were at Mumbai airport back from Delhi after attending Aarohi's engagement. It was indeed a fun trip. Thanks to Zoya for taking me there or I would have missed such a good chance. 

“Hmm…” I nodded, smiling. 

We were continuously talking about this or that, the whole way. Though we still didn't agree with each other about Akhilesh's behaviour. According to her, he was being friendly. I scowled at that. He was being cheap and flirty. That's all. 

“Is Arjun your brother?” 

“Hmm…” I agreed on that smiling.

“As in cousin brother? Because you don't have any real sibling…” She asked. I closed the car trunk and rounded the car to sit on the driver seat.

“Aditya…” She called after me as I sat on the driver seat. Soon, she too settled herself in the passenger seat beside me.

“No Zoya… He is my best friend.” I answered while bringing the engine to life. 

“You only agreed that he is your brother. Isn't he a Hooda too?” She asked frowning. I rolled my eyes.

“Am I the only Hooda present on earth? Can't another family have the same surname…” Realisation crossed her face.

“I haven't got the surname patent!” I chuckled.

“So… Arjun isn't your brother…” 

God! She is so thick!

“Zoya… The way Aarohi is like your sister, Arjun is like my brother…” 

“Now, got it?” I glanced at her while driving. She nodded.

“His family?” She asked, hesitating.

I understand why she wants to know more about Arjun. First of all, he is dating Noor. Secondly, he also comes in her friend circle. She must have been curious about him from sometime or maybe not. 

“His family died in a train accident.” I voiced out.

“Oh…” She couldn't say anything else about it. 

“I still remember he wanted to be all alone at that time….” Saying so, I went down the memory lane.

The train accident was a disaster. The hospital was full of injured people, dead bodies and people searching for their loved ones. Till the end Arjun didn't lose hope that his parents might be alive but he received their bodies. On the above he showed frustration but I knew he was sad from inside.

Some of his relatives arrived directly at the place where he was performing the last rites and left from there only, sympathizing him. Mumma and Dad were also there helping him. Mumma asked me to bring Arjun home and this stubborn guy was asking me to leave him alone.