7. "Laughter Is The Best Medicine!"

Aditya's POV

Aditya's POV

“Oh! Aditya, I totally understand it. But I am the one with whom you have that important meeting.” She grinned.

“WHAT??”
“Ji!”
“How can this be possible?” I mumbled.
Arjun clearly said…. No! That Arjun. I won't leave him. He is still making plans of making me meet a psychiatrist.

“This is possible because I asked Arjun to make me meet you.”
“Why you want to meet me?” I couldn't stop the urge to ask.

“Because you are the worst friend. I meet you after several years and what you do? Leave! Just like that. MR. ADITYA HOODA, what do you think of yourself?” She gritted her teeth, trying not to yell.

Great Aditya! Now run.

“Zoya….” I sighed and continued after a minute of silence.
“I am sorry! But…. At that time.. I.. I didn't know how to react. So--”
“You thought it is best to escape.” she completed. I nodded.

“Why do you need to escape? Why this thought even crossed your mind? I am your very first best friend, to be precise. Your reaction don't match with a normal person's.”
I chose to stay quiet.

Yes, I know where she is taking it. But she has to understand that I am absolutely fine.

“Aditya…” She started softly.
“Don't think that I am trying to say that you are mentally ill. No, you are not. You are all fine. I already said it in the morning. Now, don't take me as a psychiatrist. Take me as your best friend, as we were back then. I am just here for my friend, who has lost a piece of his jolly self.”
I stared at her.

“Will you be my friend again?” She asked, smiling wide and forwarding her hand for a handshake.

‘What is wrong in being her friend?’ Agree to it!’ My mind adviced.

‘No, wait! How can you trust her easily? People change with time. She was innocent when she was a kid. What do you know about her now? Nothing!’ My heart reminded.

‘If you don't give her a chance and know her, how will you decide whether she deserves your trust or not?’
Said my mind.

Both are right. Whom should I pursue?

“Aditya…?” She called.
I didn't even listen to what my heart was saying next. I agreed with my mind and shook my hand with hers. Somehow I know that I won't regret this time. Instincts!
She smiled satisfied.

I was going to say something when she stared at the three cups of coffee, which I gulped waiting for her.

“What happened?”
“You drank three cups of coffee in just one hour?” She asked.
Was she amused or shocked? I was not able to understand.
“Half an hour, to be honest.” She opened her mouth and then closed, like a gaping fish.