Bonus Chapter 1.2 : What is wrong with Aditya?

Aditya's POV

“He is fine for now. But we will keep him under observation overnight.” 

Doctor informed us and went away. Zoya and Arjun let out a sigh of relief.

When I finally got free from my work, I unlocked my mobile only to find around twenty missed calls from Zoya. I called back but she didn't pick it up. That made me worried. I want nothing but for my family to be all fit and fine.

When I reached home, I didn't find anyone in hall, which was really unusual. Then I saw Noor coming downstairs. When I asked, she told me that dad wasn't fine. Zoya and Arjun has taken him to hospital. I didn't know what to say. So, I immediately rushed to hospital. 

When I arrived here, I saw Zoya rocking herself, sitting on the waiting chair. She was praying in her mind. Arjun was leaning on the wall, lost in his deep thoughts. Concern, anxiety was all over their faces. 

Due to my stare, Zoya looked towards me and stood up acknowledging my presence. Her eyes were filled with unshed tears. My anxiety rose up to another extent. Walking towards her, I caressed her cheek giving her an assuring smile. That made her close her eyes and finally a whimper left her mouth. She hugged me and I caressed her head to calm her down. But I, myself was very worried. 

Later, doctor informed us that dad has suffered from a heart attack. And he will be fine. 

I rubbed my face tiredly from my hands and moved towards a secluded area in the hospital. 

The only thing that I don't understand is of keeping him under observation. He is fine na… Then why? Or is he not? 

I looked out of the big glass window, extremely worried. Mumma isn't informed about all this yet. I glanced at my wrist watch. She must have returned home by now.

Actually, she was at her old friend's home and we didn't inform her, when we also didn't know what happened to dad. She would have worried unnecessarily. And after dad, I didn't want her to get ill. 

Imagining that dad isn't there with me anymore, makes me sick. I feel lost thinking about that. Dad has always been my guider. Who will guide me if he won't? It will be like I lost the roof which was there over my head from years.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I didn't turn to know who it was. 

“Aditya…” I heard her loving voice.

Zoya..

“It will be okay… Dad wouldn't want you to be all worried….” She went on comforting me.

Zoya..! I don't want to talk now. Really! I don't want to….

“Aditya…” She again called me.

I didn't reply. I am in no mood to have a talk. Can't a person want his ‘me’ time?

“I understand Aditya… I-” 

“No, you don't! You don't understand!” I let out a irritated shout. 

I shouldn't have said that. I know. But she isn't understanding na! I don't want to talk right now. 

“I don't understand?” I heard her ask in an accusing voice.

I turned towards her. She was looking at me with hurt and disbelief. God!

“I don't understand?!” She again asked in the same manner, taking a step back. This time her voice a bit high. 

Thank god! We are at a secluded place.

“If I won't then who will?? And you didn't even get to say that Aditya! Especially after all the way you are behaving!”