Chapter 29

Eren's body quickly sat up, eyes wide open, revealing bright emerald eyes. His body (that didn't have a shirt on) had a thin layer of sweat, breath heavy. He was just fighting Diaz moments ago but out of nowhere, the jackass got hit by a bazooka and black dots started to appear in his vision then everything went black.

"Eren..."

A voice abruptly stopped his thoughts. A voice he was all too familiar with. Looking where it came from, the brunette was met with shocked silver gray eyes that had huge bags under them. Eren's face dilated and relaxed.

"Le...vi..." Eren's voice was hoarse, only then he felt his throat so dry like the desserts in Egypt. Levi took notice and brought a glass of water to him.

"Here," he gave it to the brunette who took it immediately and gulped it down without a moment of waste. "That's what you get for not drinking in three days."

Eren nearly spitted out his drink, but held it back for he didn't want to be in the wrath of his lover's. He subconsciously laid the glass at the nightstand beside him.

Three whole days!?

He was out for three whole days?Questions popped up in the brunette's mind, going overload. With everything on his mind, his eyes scanned where he was currently was.
He was on his room, in the Yeager building. His green eyes then drifted to the raven beside him, sitting on the edge on the bed beside him. He scrutinized the raven's body, glad that he didn't see any visible injuries. Levi had a scowl on his face but Eren didn't notice it.

A question quickly arose in Eren's head that was from the back of his mind, making his eyes widen. "What happened to Diaz?" his voice was coming back but was still groggy.

The raven's scowl only deepens with the question, and Eren finally took notice of Levi's face, making the brunette worried. "He's Dead."

"What...?" There was a pregnant pause between them, making the brunette's brows bring together. There was no way that Diaz was dead. Eren saw the bastard's state before he passed out, Diaz had lost an arm and a leg, burnt marks were everywhere in his body but that wasn't fatal. Only by piercing the heart or decapitating his head can kill him, and he saw Diaz's head was perfectly still on. "What happened?"

Eren watched as Levi averted his eyes from him and bit his lip. Then a sigh came from the raven, one that said 'fuck it' and looked at him again with determined eyes but the brunette saw the glint of sadness in it. "After you passed out from blood loss, Grisha and Zeke arrived, along with medics. After your old man quickly check up on you, the medics took you away. I was going with you but your brother told me and Grisha to go to him. When we got to Zeke who was infront of Diaz, the bastard was still alive." Levi paused, letting the information sink into the brunette while he hesitated to continue. "Your brother said that Diaz was to be taken back and to be tortured when he was done healing. I was going back to you but I heard the asshole whisper something. Curiosity got the best of us and I stuck around while your father came up to him and asked what he said." Levi gulped down a lump in his throat, making Eren more nervous as to what was coming. "... With one more question, maybe something in the bastard snapped, took us by surprise... and killing Grisha by stabbing his heart with a dagger."

Eren felt the whole world around him stop, his eyes slowly widening in horror as Levi's words settle in his head. It can't be. No, no, no. Eren knows that in the underworld, anyone can die at any moment. Death was common here, that's why his father trained him and his brother to be the best and be prepared if someone in the three of them died but, this was all too sudden. His father was killed. His father was stabbed. His father was dead!

Slowly, tears build up in the brunette's eyes and streamed down his face. He ignored it as he leaned into Levi's body warmth who carefully hugged him, quietly sobbing and sniffing as he soiled the raven's shoulder.

He was thankful that Levi was here with him. He was thankful he had someone like him. If he didn't have him and his brother told him this, he would only hold in all the pain until he couldn't no more. He didn't want to let anyone see him crying, not even his brother. But Levi was exception. It seemed that the first he laid eyes on the raven, his walls that he built for three years had crumbled down instantly. For a moment he didn't want to let go of Levi, he want to stay like this forever, in each other arms. He didn't want to face reality right now...

**********

Levi's face was expressionless as he stared down at Grisha's pale, cold, lifeless body that his lower half was covered in white cloth.

He glanced at Eren who was next to him from the corner of his eyes, the brunette had an unreasonable face. Time had passed since what happened at Eren's room, calming the brunette down. When everything settled down, Eren asked where was his father. Naturally, he answered.

Grisha, after being killed, was brought to the hospital. It was cristal clear that Mr. Yeager should be brought to the hospital, even if it was futile. They could just come up with a story as to how Grisha Yeager had been stabbed in the chest.

Levi remembered the scene take place. Diaz finished screaming and pulled out a dagger, piercing the old man's body straight to the heart. Levi was the one who killed Diaz. It was pure reflex that he summoned the last remaining sword he had that wasn't in pieces and sliced the bastard's head clean off, but even then, he was still too late. After that, they rushed to the nearest hospital. Zeke and the others has been holding the company and gang for the past days and the blond hasn't had a chance to even morn yet.

Suddenly, Levi saw Eren step back and head for the door. This only made the raven frown. He covered Grisha's body and went after Eren, putting a hand on his shoulder, making the brunette stop. "Look, I'm not good at this type of things but, I'm always here if you need anything."

Eren turned around, revealing a small, sad smile. He looked down at the raven with nothing but sadness and adoration. He cupped Levi's cheek, brushing it softly with his thumb.

"Thanks, I needed that and..." The brunette trailed off, leaned down so they were in the same height. "I only need you right now—."

Eren was interrupted by a kiss on his forehead, taking him aback. The raven retracted, looking back at the bright emerald eyes that was slightly shocked that he came to love. He didn't need to hear the end of what his lover was saying, he already knew it.

"Come on," The raven gave a lingering kiss to the brunette's lips and smiled. "Lets sign the papers and get back to the building. I know that you're still sad and I am too." Yes, he didn't want this outcome, Grisha was slowly becoming like a father figure to him when he suddenly died, but it was expected in this side of the world. "But we need to help Zeke, the company your dad built, and I only imagine what's going on with your gang."

Eren shot back the smile before changing his face to a determined one. With that, both left the room, heading out again to the cruel but beautiful world. Eren was still sad but, this wasn't the time to be. He needed to help his brother out. With his father gone, news will spread like wildfire, and news reporters will be coming to question the sudden death of Grisha Yeager as well as every gang their enemies with will be out for their heads. He needed to be prepared for it, just like how his father taught him.

Yes, just like how his father taught his brother and him.

Vote
Comment
And feedback ✌