8 - あなたは?

"Are✖️You?"

Killua's POV:
I return to Gon's hospital room. I see him lying down there.

"Hey, Killua!" He said while I entered.

"Hey!" I answered. "How are you feeling right now?"

"Better, and my arms are less sore."

"That's great!"

I missed seeing Gon this happy. I'm glad we're best friends.

"Kil." He was calling me over. "How come I missed you when you weren't here for an hour?"

"B-baka, that's embarrassing!" I started blushing. Mito was laughing in the background. Same with Alluka.

Leorio walks in.

"I'll be your doctor for now!"

"Hi, Oreo." Me and Gon said in unison.

"So, Gon, you will be out in two days."

"Alright." Gon said.

I hug Gon. He starts blushing.

We look at each other.

"Why are we a blushing mess?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe because you're here." He answered.

"BAK-"

"Hey, Aunt Mito, can you and Alluka go outside for a few minutes?" He told them.

"Okay," Mito said. "Come on Alluka, go outside with me."

"I think you'd want me to leav-" Leorio said.

"Nope, we're all close friends." Gon said.

"I got a question, Gon" I said.

"Ask me."

"Do you like me, as in a romantic way?"

"Uhhh."

"I'm sorry, I'm not ready for a relationship right now."

I slightly frowned, but the words "right now" give me hope.

"Okay..." I said quietly.

I pull Leorio out of the room with me. He had some questions.

"What does he mean he's not ready yet?"

"I can explain."

I explained him the whole Ging story. He was shocked.

"Yeah, it's crazy that happened to him out of all people, the most innocent out of me, you, him, and Kurapika." I said.

"So his innocence is gone..."

"Yeah, sadly. He's more angry than happy according to Mito."

"That's actually sad."

"Yeah."

"Let's go back in."

We go back in the room.

We see Gon, crying softly.

"Fuck." I thought. "I shouldn't have asked that question. I knew he was sensitive about these topics. My dumb ass forgot."

"i-im sorry, k-killua, i-if i b-broke your h-heart" He said while stuttering.

"Who said you broke my heart?"

"i-i s-said i-it to m-myself."

I hug him tight.

"sometimes i l-like t-to pretend t-that im h-happy, w-when i-im really n-not." he said. "like w-when y-you came o-over."

"So you were faking being happy when you saw me."

"p-pretty m-much."

"I'm sorry that everything in the past year has happened to you."

"Yeah, Killua told me outside." Leorio said.

"t-thanks. i never thought that my condition would get this bad."

"Have you ever consider consulting a therapist?"

"n-no, i-im scared."

"Why?"

"they're gonna give me antidepressants, and i dont wanna be stuck taking drugs my entire life."

"Oh, and I'm gonna let Mito and Alluka back in, now."

"okay, go ahead." He wipes his own tears as his arms don't hurt as much anymore.

I go out and tell Mito and Alluka they can come back.

"Okay, you can come back now, just watch out, Gon is in the middle of a break down, anything can happen."

"Okay, what caused him to break down?" Mito asked swiftly.

"I asked if he loves me, and he said that he wasn't ready yet. Me and Leorio go out and talk about what happened to him and why he acts so differently now. Next thing I know, he's crying." I start frowning and wiping my eyes.

"Killua..."

"It's my fucking fault!"

"Killua, no it isn't."

"Yes. It. Is." I was basically shouting at yhis point. "My dumb ass asked that question even though I knew he was sensitive. I cause him too m-much h-harm." I start crying.

Alluka comes and hugs me.

"It's okay, big brother." She tried to reassure me.

"No. it. fucking. isn't."

Mito's POV:
I've noticed Killua has a lot of built in anger towards himself. He swears at himself, he always gets mad at himself for the smallest things. Maybe he needs to seek help too...

"Big brother, you're scaring me." Alluka said.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes.

"Let's just go back to the room before we cause more of a disturbance." I said.

"More of a disturbance, my ass." Killua said. "I don't fucking care anymore."

Gon and Killua obviously have some mental health problems. They need to seek help, but I think they're scared to.

I also don't want to threaten Killua too much because I know he was an assassin and he can kill someone easily. So I want to watch out for that.

The three of us enter the room.

They're dead silent. I think they don't want to mess with Killua right now.

"So y'all just gonna ignore that we're back?" Killua said.

"No, we just don't want to mess with you right now." The doctor said. He looks at me. "You must be Aunt Mito, Gon has talked to me about you." We shake hands.

"me and leorio heard you from outside." Gon said, replying to Killua's question.

"And so?" Killua answers.

"You're just gonna pop off on us." Leorio said.

"Who cares, old man."

"Don't talk to me like that, Killua."

"Oh, yeah? I can talk to you however I want, you prick!"

"k-killua, s-stop. youre only mad because i said i dont love you yet."

"No, I'm mad because MY STUPID ASS ASKED YOU A QUESTION THAT I KNOW THAT YOU DONT LIKE." Killua starts crying. "w-why can't i just live n-normally?"

"killua, what do you mean?"

946 words.