Eda

Eda Yildiz. 11 years ago her parents died in a car accident. They were rushed to the hospital, but it was too late, nothing could be done. It was exactly this devastating loss that pushed her to be a doctor so she could at least save someone else's parents.

After her parents died, her aunt took her in, raised her and supported her till her very last breath. She died of cancer while Eda was still finishing her studies. It was Eda's biggest regret was that her aunt didn't get to see her as a fully accomplished doctor. Everything in her life, she owed it to her.

Just like every day of her life, that too was a busy shift. All the doctors that were available were rushed to the ER because there had been a huge accident and lots of people were hurt. 

"Come on, the ambulances will be here in two minutes. I want you all ready"- Efe, her boss announced. 

Approximately two minutes after, 10 ambulances arrived and the ER turned into a big mess. Melo's patient's CT scan showed brain trauma so she got to the operation room immediately with her assistants.

"Brain trauma, I don't think he'll make it"- Melo said to Eda as they were both washing their hands before heading into surgery. "What about yours?"

"Thorax contusion. This is not looking good too. But I believe in you Melo, you can do this"- Eda said, motivating her friend before heading to her operation room.

She performed a thoracotomy on her patient and after 4 hours, she got out of the operation room exhausted, but happy that it had gone well. She headed to the dressing room where Melo was changing.

"Hey, how did it go?"- Eda asked her friend as she slowly changed into her dress.

"He made it out, but is barely alive and probably will be in a coma for God knows how long and we're also late by the way"- Melo answered as she put on her heels.

"Ceren has called at least 10 times. You know she'll kill us if we don't come in time. Let's go, I'll drive"- Eda said as she put some lipstick on, trying to cover all the signs of her tiredness.

It was their friend's birthday and they were going to some nightclub to celebrate it. Despite being tired, they both thought they needed a night out to drink, dance and have fun. Work had been pretty rough on them lately and they both deserved some fun.

"Girls, where are you? Don't tell me you're ditching last-minute"- Ceren asked as Eda put her on loudspeaker.

"Yok artik Ceren. We're on the way. Be there in 15 minutes"- Melo answered, thankful that the drive to there was not that long.

"Okay, I'm heading inside with Ferit and the others. See you"- Ceren said and then hung up.

Melo and Eda talked about everything, especially work, and when they both worked together, they made the best team. Ceren was a lawyer, they'd all been friends since childhood but lately, work had been pretty tough and had seemed to get in the way of them spending quality time with each other like they used to.

"We're here"- Eda said as she parked her car in the parking lot. They both got out of the car and headed inside. The music was so loud and a lot of people were dancing and having fun on the dancefloor. Eda and Melo headed to the VIP table where Ceren and the others were waiting.

"There they are"- Ceren said as she got up to greet her friends. "You both look beautiful"

"We're nothing compared to you"- Eda smiled at her friend as she handed her a present. "Happy birthday baby."

"Aw you didn't have to but thank you love. Girls, meet Ferit."- Ceren said as Ferit rose up to shake Eda's hand.

"You must be Eda and Melo. I've heard a lot about you both."- Ferit said with a smile on his face as he greeted his girlfriend's best friends.