Saint Petersburg

Serkan was the first to wake up in the morning as the early sun rays fell on his eyes. Eda was sleeping peacefully on his chest as he caressed her hair and then placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Morning"- Eda murmured in her sleepy voice as she placed a kiss on his chest.

"Morning baby"- Serkan said, giving her a peck on her tiny nose.

That was finally the day. They would go to Saint Petersburg to notice Anton's downfall and hopefully save Defne in the process before it was too late.

"Are you ready? For today?"- Eda asked as she caressed his beard and immediately felt him tense underneath her.

"Yeah. I just hope that this nightmare will finally be over."- Serkan said as he kissed her hand. "There's no point in me insisting you stay here, right?"

"No"- Eda smiled at him. "Wherever you go, I go."

"What if we can't save her?"- Serkan asked her as she raised her head to meet his gaze.

"Then you will at least have tried."- Eda assured him as she pecked his lips softly. "But you should know, none of this is our fault, we're just suffering from our parents' mistakes. So don't you ever blame this on yourself."

"No, I know. I just... I wonder how they could keep such a thing from me."

"Look on the bright side. Mine kept me completely in the dark till one day I just got caught up in this. Then I met you and not one single day of my life has been normal ever since. What I'm trying to say is that no matter how bad things get, there's always light at the end of the tunnel. It all will work out in the end, trust me."- Eda said as she placed a kiss on his cheek.

"How did I get so lucky?"- Serkan smiled as he pulled her leg towards him so that she was completely on top of him. He raised to her level and took her lips in for a fierce kiss, sucking on her bottom lip as their tongues fought on a sweet battle for dominance.

She moaned in the kiss and placed her hands on both sides of his face as his were fixated on her hips, pulling her as close as he could towards him. They only pulled back when the need for oxygen finally won over.

"We will never get out of bed if you continue to kiss me"- Eda smiled as he pecked her lips once again.

"It's not my fault you're so addictive"- Serkan said as he finally pulled back, only to look at her messy hair and swollen lips.

"Serkan, come on"- Eda chuckled as she got out of his grip, pulling him so he'd get out of bed too.

"Tamam, tamam"- Serkan finally got up after Eda's insistence.

They got ready and had breakfast and would meet Luca in two-hour time. In the meantime, they decided to head back to the warehouse to get the guns, bulletproof vests, money and clothes.

"Eda, are you sure about this? I gathered a squad, our best men to come with you both, but I'm still a little bit worried if things go south way"- Piril said as she helped her friend pack her luggage.

"I need to be there for Serkan. You know, finding out he had a sister and everything, it hasn't been exactly easy on him. And even though he doesn't completely show it, he cares. He's willing to give her a chance. After all, she's the only family he's got"- Eda said as she finally zipped her luggage.

"That's not true. We might not be bonded by blood, but we're family too"- Piril said as she sat on the bed.

"Yeah, I know. Luca's planning on doing something really cruel to Anton. And if we don't change Defne's mind before that, she might as well go down with him. I mean I'm kind of skeptical about this. After all, she stabbed me. Twice if I might add."- Eda said as she sat beside her friend.