What if..?

"You don't do something like that and get away with it Eda Yildiz."- Serkan said as he felt his cock twitch in his pants with the slightest amount of touch.

"Why, what are you going to do about it?"- Eda smirked as she straddled him with her legs, pressing her core right against his cock. Somehow, her stubbornness and defiance managed to turn him on.

"You seem eager to find out"- Serkan whispered in her earlobe as he raised up to her level, sending shivers all over Eda's body.

"You seem eager to show me"- she whispered back in his ear, daring him to make the first move.

"Don't provoke me, Eda"- Serkan warned her by grabbing her thighs tightly as she smirked. It satisfied her to see the effect she had on him, on his mind, on his body and she was glad he felt it too, the want, the need, the desire.

Before she could take things further by teasing him more, Engin entered the room with urgency. Something had happened.

"Yenge, abi, I'm sorry to interrupt your... whatever"- Egin said as he put his hand to cover his eyes. "But that squad you sent with Ferit to find out more about the men that organized the shooting. It's down. Ferit is badly hurt, we need you yenge."

"What?"- Serkan's jaw dropped open. "Is Ferit...?"

"I got it"- Eda said as she quickly got up and rushed to the operation room theater where a team was waiting for her.

"Eda, please save him"- Ceren got into her knees and begged her friend.

"I will do my best. Be strong my friend"- Eda said to Ceren and then trusted her to Piril.

She quickly changed her clothes into a surgery scrub suit, washed her hands and entered the operation room where Ferit was being operated on. He was badly injured due to the accident.

Just when she got closer to have a look at him, he went into a sudden cardiac arrest. Eda treated him right away with a defibrillator, sending an electrical shock to the heart to restore its normal rhythm.

"One two three"

The monitor showed a flat line, but Eda didn't give up till a beep was heard.

"He's back"- Eda said, letting about a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. They quickly gave him some oxygen since he was gone for a few seconds. She hoped to God he didn't have damage to parts of the brain like the cerebral cortex, hippocampi, the cerebellum, or the basal ganglia.

But they wouldn't know for sure until they'd done a CT scan to show the brain trauma due to the sudden cardiac arrest and the accident. What was important was that he was alive.

Eda got out of the operation room where Ceren, Prirl, Engin and Serkan were impatiently waiting for her.

"His heart stopped beating for a few seconds, but I managed to bring him back. He's alive for now, but I can't tell anything for sure until I take a look at the CT scan results."- Eda said in one breath as Ceren threw herself on her.

"Thank you Eda. What matters is that he's alive. Thanks to you"- Ceren cried in her arms as Eda caressed her hair. She didn't want to give her friend too much hope, but she promised her that as soon as they put Ferit in a room she'd be able to visit him.

"Okay, will you now promise me you will calm down and lay down while I give you a tranquilizer?"- Eda said as she cupped her friend's face and she didn't resist. If Eda would have told her to jump from the 10th floor right then, she would have obliged immediately. She owed everything to her.

Piril and Engin stayed with Ceren as she slowly fell asleep. Eda got out of the room and shut her eyes tightly, her breathing was heavy and her vision was starting to blur.

"Eda? Are you okay?"- Serkan asked, but upon seeing her legs failing to hold her, he ran and caught her before she could fall.

"Eda, hey Eda breathe"- Serkan said as he placed his hands on both of her arms. "It's just a panic attack, do as I say. Concentrate on my voice"- he said as he hugged her tight to his heart.

"Breathe in"- Serkan said as he caressed her hair. "Breathe out"

"Breathe in... Breathe out. Are you feeling a little bit better?"- he pulled away to look at a disoriented Eda who simply nodded, not able to form any type of sentence at the moment.

"Calm down. I'm here"- Serkan said as he hooked a hand to the back of her knees, picking her up bridal style as she buried her head in the crook of his neck.

He headed to his office with her in his arms, ordering one of his men to open and close the door for him as he placed her on his bed. Weird. He'd never put any other woman in his bed, but for some reason, he felt compelled to.

Eda had fallen asleep on his arms and fell to the bed exhausted, but her clothes were still covered with blood, so he took one of his t-shirts from his wardrobe.

"Eda, here, let me put this on."- Serkan said and she simply raised her arms for him to take of her top. He took her top and pants off and replaced them with one of his white t-shirt that fell down her knees.

"Shh sleep"- Serkan whispered to her as he caressed her hair. Just when he tried to get up to give her some space, she took his hand and pushed him to the bed again.

"Please, don't go"- Eda murmured, her eyes half-open.

"I'll remind you this when you wake up and bite my head off"- he whispered back to her as he got into the bed. Upon feeling his presence, she snuggled closer and buried her head on his chest, precisely right on top of his heart, hugging him to her as she dozed off.

Serkan couldn't help it but stare at her as he caressed her hair. He had always been mesmerized by her appearance, I mean, who wouldn't be? But today she'd shown an immeasurable amount of strength. He'd never come across anyone like her his entire life, and to think that Eda was the one he was supposed to marry made him wonder what his life would have been like if Eda's parents hadn't been murdered.

They had met a couple of times when they were little, but after Eda turned 17 and her parents died, it's like she disappeared into thin air. A few years later, Alptekin had told him that the plan was that he and Eda got married, but when things started to get complicated for him and her parents, Mustafa and Emine decided to keep her out of that world till she turned a certain age.

Of course, that never happened, but what if it did? Imagine.

Eda and Serkan, leading together the strongest empire. Eda and Serkan? Where did that thought come from? There was no such thing as Eda and Serkan.

He knew that to say that he was simply attracted to her would do no justice to what he really felt when he was near her, but being the cold bastard that he was, he'd never accept that, not even to himself. It was a feeling he'd never tried before and it felt weird, though in a good way. And the only way for this feeling to be felt was to be anywhere near her.

He'd never had a person have such power and control over him, especially being the control freak that he was, it terrified him.

But if that terrified him, why did he feel compelled to be around her at all times?

Author's note: Hello guys. What do you think of the story so far? As I might have said in the previous chapters, this is a genre I'm still experimenting with and the support you've shown me is really pushing me to go on and write more. Thank you for everything.