You love him, don't you?

"You can do this"- she whispered to herself before getting to the operation room theatre. She'd evaluated Serkan's gunshot wound in the ambulance and saw that there wasn't an exit wound. That meant that the bullet was still inside of him and judging by the way that the blood arterial pressure was dropping, she didn't have time for a CT scan to see where the bullet was, so she was going in blind.

In no more than three minutes, they were in a clinic that Semiha had arranged for them. Eda was being helped by two other assistants.

"God, help me"- She silently prayed as she got the surgical tweezers out. She had to search for the bullet and never in her life had she been that much concentrated.

"Got it"- Eda said as she slowly extracted the bullet from the retroperitoneal area, the area right behind the stomach where it was stuck. After getting the bullet out, she stitched his wound. That's when his vitals suddenly dropped quickly.

"His pulse is dropping"- one doctor said and then flat line. The monitor showed no sign of life as Eda immediately reacted and took the defibrillator, sending an electrical shock to the heart to restore its normal rhythm.

"Charge it. One, two, three"- no sign of life.

"One two three"- Eda screamed as she used the paddles to press down firmly on the chest wall and pushed buttons on both paddles at the same time checked the rhythm on the monitor, waiting desperately for a heartbeat, till after 10 seconds, she finally got one.

"He's back"- she whispered as she finally let a breath she didn't know she'd been holding this entire time, sighing in release that would hopefully help with the tension that pained right through her chest.

"I'm going to kill you myself for putting me through this"- Eda whispered to him, a tear falling down her eyes.

She got out of the room where Semiha, Engin and Piril were waiting for her.

"Eda, how is he?"- Engin asked as they all gathered around her.

"He... he's fine."- Eda said as a tear fell down her eyes. "He almost died in my arms, I thought he wasn't going to make it for a second."

Engin and Piril could see she'd been through hell and back and both pulled her in and hugged her while giving free rein to their tears. They were still shocked about what had happened, but glad that Serkan pulled through, and it was all thanks to Eda.

"He's alive because of you Eda. He lives"- Piril said as she hugged her friend tightly.

"I don't know how to repay you yenge. If it weren't for you..."- Engin said as a tear fell down his eye.

"Shh, let's not think about that. The important thing is that he's still alive."- Semiha said as she hugged her granddaughter. "I'm proud of the woman you have become, so strong, so powerful. I admire you"- she whispered in her ear before dropping a kiss to the top of her head.

"Yenge, come on, you're tired. Lay down, sleep. We're right here beside you and if there's any change, we'll wake you up."- Engin said and Eda knew she couldn't say no. Her legs were already failing to hold her, her head was a mess and her chest hurt when she breathed.

"Hadi canim, come with me"- Piril said, taking her hand and putting her to bed, covering her with sheets and caressing her hair till she fell asleep.

"They are both too stubborn to give in to their feelings"- Piril whispered to Engin after seeing Eda was completely asleep.

"Yeah, I don't know how but I'm glad Eda's in our lives. She's good for him"- Engin said. It was almost 2AM when Eda woke up, she'd been sleeping for two hours. She smiled upon seeing Piril and Engin sleep on the couch in front of her and got out of the room without making a noise.