Chapter 2: Socks

Socks's whole world seemed to fade away as he saw his best friend start sobbing, and the women who'd become Socks's friend over time die. 

                This couldn't be happening. This was supposed to be a happy day, but instead, it had turned into a nightmare in a matter of seconds. 

                       Socks suddenly came back to reality. Everyone was screaming and panicking. He was aware of Blaza staring at him for a moment before muttering something under his breath and getting next to Socks.

                                           "We need to go Socks." Blaza murmured.

                       "How could this happen?" Socks whispered, still very much in shock. Blaza looked at him sympathetically, but Socks didn't care. 

                                                   He didn't need the sympathy. Meme did. It was kinda his fault for not planning ahead that well. Socks wanted to have a breakdown right then and there, but he took a deep calming breath. 

                     'Focus, Socksfor1. You need to make sure everyone else gets out unharmed, and make sure that Meme is okay. After that, you can go home and have all the breakdowns you want.'  Socks thought, trying to focus himself on the mission at hand. Having a clear objective made him feel a little bit calmer, and more level headed. 

                                                             Socks shakily got up, leaning slightly on Blaza, who was apparently happy to be emotional support for Socks. Socks turned his gaze over to Meme, only to see TBH and Nadwe taking care of him. Meme seemed to be screaming for Wiktoria, broken up by sobs.

                                 It hurt Socks deep inside his soul to see this.

                                                                              Shaking his head, Socks was about to make sure Meme and the others got out of the area, but was frozen when he heard a voice come from nowhere. 

                                         "WELL, WELL WELL. Having a wedding? Are you having fun? Well! That's nice. I'm glad your having a great time." The voice said smugly. Socks winced at this.

                    "WHAT?!" Socks heard Meme exclaim.

                                                       "The only thing that matters is your lives turning upside down." The voice laughed.

                                 'That's not true. Meme matters. Wiktoria mattered before she was so cruelly shot! Everyone here matters!' Socks though desperately.               

                                             "I would like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species, and I realized that humans aren't mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. Instead, you multiply and multiply until every resource is consumed, but the only way for you to survive is to spread to another area. There's another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus." The voice revealed. Socks gasped as it continued. "Human beings are a disease. I cancer on this planet, and WE are the cure. Today is a day of history. Today will be remembered years from now. The young will wonder about today. Today is a part of history, and you are part of it. Let the games begin!