Chapter 21: Nadwe

Nadwe was officially exhausted as he finally got out of bed. He knew that as a vampire he technically didn't need sleep, but it made him feel better, so he usually did. Last night, however, he couldn't. He'd stayed awake dwelling on random things for the last twenty four hours, and he regretted it.

               Meme had told him that sleeping would help him regain some of the energy he'd still not gotten back from the ordeal at Laffs place, but something inside him made it so that as much as he tried...he just couldn't fall asleep.  So here Nadwe was. Exhausted, and getting out of bed at 2 in the afternoon.

                                                                "I'm kinda hungry...which is weird...but not unusual. Guess I gotta get some breakfast." Nadwe told himself. He walked downstairs and went into the kitchen, only to jump back as he came face to face with Woolfster, who was humming softly as he made eggs and pancakes.

                                                    "Guten Morgen!" Woolfster greeted. Nadwe stared at him for a moment before coming to his senses.

                           "Hey, Woolf. What're you doing here?" Nadwe asked, curious as he sat down. Woolfster got a plate and put some eggs and pancakes on it. He gave it to Nadwe.

                                                                                                             "I'm just chilling here today." Woolfster shrugged. Nadwe raised a eyebrow.

                                      "You're babysitting, aren't you?" Nadwe questioned, picking at his food.

                                                                                     Woolfster paused for a moment, taken aback by the question. This let Nadwe know the answer. He groaned, annoyed that Meme thought he needed someone to watch him.

              "I'm going to kill Meme for this." Nadwe muttered.

                                                                        "Hey, I offered to do it. Thought you could use some help or company." Woolfster told him, sitting down on the chair next to Nadwe.

                                                            "Why? I'm perfectly fine?" Nadwe retorted.

                                                "Are you though?" Woolfster gently asked.

                             This made Nadwe hesitate.

                                                             "Yeah. I just want to get back to school and get back to my life. That's all." Nadwe told Woolfster, clearing his throat.

                                         "Is that really what you want, Nad? You know what happened the last time you were at school." Woolfster pointed out softly. 

                    The comment made Nadwe freeze, remembering something that he'd buried deep into his subconscious. It had objectively been a good memory, but now it was painful. It was one of the memories Nadwe had made sure he never thought about lately. 

                                                                      But now, he couldn't help it. It was coming back to him.

                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------