Chapter 24: Blaza

It was weird, not knowing.

                               Blaza didn't know what was going to happen, and it sucked. He couldn't do anything to stop it because he didn't know what would start it.

                                                       Usually when his powers worked, he would have at least some sort of hint as to what was going to happen. Now, he could only guess.

         The thing was probably going to happen at the court case. This was bad because he couldn't just tell them to cancel the case. The case needed to happen. Besides, Laff was very strict about stuff like that.

                             There was nothing he could do.

                                                                 This really bothered Blaza as he quietly walked into his room at the base. He, Socks, and Dino hadn't really talked on the way back. Blaza sensed that the days events were weighing down on them all. It had kinda sucked as they all silently went into their separate rooms.

                                                                                       Taking a deep breath, Blaza laid down on his bed. He was tired, and he wanted to sleep. Things had been crazy. When Socks had come out of the room with Meme, there'd been such a peaceful moment, knowing that the friends had made up.

          Then it was shattered.

                                      Sitting up in his bed after a few hours of no sleep, Blaza groaned, putting his hands on his face. There was no way he could sleep like this. He got up, and quietly moved out of the room and to the kitchen. He found some melatonin, and ate it. Moving to go back to his room, he jumped when he saw Socks in the doorway, staring at him.

                                                                                                       "What are you doing in here this late, Blaza?" Socks whispered, walking over. Recovering from his shock, Blaza looked annoyed.

                        "I could ask you the same thing." Blaza retorted.

                                                   "I heard  a very loud SOMEONE rustling around in the kitchen at one in the morning. What's your excuse." Socks countered.

              "If you must know, I couldn't sleep, so I came to get some medicine to help me sleep." Blaza admitted reluctantly.

                                                                                                                 "Alright...are you okay?" Socks asked, concerned.

                                         "Yeah. Just...anxious for tomorrow, ya know." Blaza lied, giving him a thumbs up. Socks stared at him for a second before raising a eyebrow.

                          "Don't lie to me, Blaza. I'm not dumb. We've literally been best friends since high school. I think you can tell me the truth." Socks reassured him. Blaza sighed.

                                                                     "Its just...what if something bad happens tomorrow. What if it IS TBH, or what if it isn't? I'm just worried about how things might go." Blaza told a half-truth.

              "I'm sure it'll be fine. You just gotta calm down. Remember that anxiety is only making it seem worse and more scary then it is. Everything will be fine. I promise." Socks comforted him. Blaza thought for a moment before nodding.