Chapter 20: Blaza

It had been so weird and surreal to Blaza how quickly he'd trusted Socks again, but what choice did he have? After everything that had happened, he realized that deep down he'd never fully thought that Socks was guilty. 

                       Blaza had missed Socks, to tell the truth, and the proof had been there in front of him. He felt like a idiot that he'd ever thought it could be Socks.

           Now, sitting alone in a cold lobby, waiting for Socks and Meme to come out of the room when their discussion was done, Blaza felt a prick of sadness. He'd never really allowed himself to grieve for what they'd lost, and how everything had changed. He'd just kinda pushed it down in favor of helping Socks. 

                                                                   However, now, the emotions hit him like a truck, and he didn't know why.

                                                                                                        Wiping his eyes, Blazas thoughts drifted to how things had been. It'd been so nice before all of this. Except for the powers, they'd just been a normal friend group who lived somewhat normal lives. 

                                      As he started to think of everything, Blaza realized someone had sat beside him. He looked over to see Dino looking at him, concerned. 

                                                        "Blaza, you looked upset. Are you okay?" Dino asked.

                        "If I'm being honest....I don't know." Blaza admitted, hands twitching at his sides, a sign of his anxiety.

                                                                                        Dino hesitated for a moment before speaking, as if he was debating whether to tell Blaza something or not.

                                                 "That's okay. A lot of us feel the same." Dino confessed.

                      "Really?" Blaza asked, curiosity peaked.

                                                                               "Of course! A lots going on. It's perfectly normal to not know how you feel, or if you're not okay." Dino told him.

                                                                "Wow...I didn't know that." Blaza admitted sheepishly.

                                              "Because this is new to you. You usually don't let yourself feel the emotions, or think much about yourself." Dino said, like it was a fact. 

                                                          Blaza shuffled his feet on the floor, feeling uncomfortable. He felt like he was being called out for something that he hadn't realized until now, and he hated it. 

               "I-" Blaza stopped, immediately knowing it was true and there was really nothing he could say to change that fact. 

                                    He remembered everything that had happened before wedding, and realized that Dino was right. There was one specific memory that looking back with this new view...hurt.

                                    ------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                          Blaza had been the one called to pick up Nadwe and Muffin from school for some reason. He didn't know why. Either way, he was nervous as he drove into the parking lot and got out of the car, heading for the door to the school.