Chapter 9: Nadwe

Nadwe was a little bit frustrated. He needed to find Meme, but Meme had gone out without even telling him, and now Nadwe was just supposed to figure everything out on his own.

            He had started doing research on his new vampire powers, but there wasn't a lot of reading to be done on it. So far, he'd learned how to turn into a bat and make a swarm of bats around him as a bat so he couldn't be targeted.

                                   There was also a vampire rage ability, but it required pure and unadulterated anger, pain, and a small sense of righteousness in the anger to work. It apparently also somewhat drained the vampire's energy, and Nadwe didn't need that.

                                                  It DID seem like a cool ability though. Nadwe was kind of scared for what kind of situation would call for it though. The vampire rage ability was only used in the most dire situations, and it happened on it's own. There really was no practice to it, unlike the other abilities he'd gained by being a vampire. It instantly wiped out the opponent, and if your anger and hurt was built up enough, it could instantly kill someone.

                 Meme had warned him to be careful with it, but Nadwe didn't have to be told that. He already knew that this was some unexpectedly big power that was now in his hands. Nadwe was smart enough to attempt to control his emotions. After all, he was still not wanting to hurt his friends.

                                                                 Nadwe wondered if the others knew. He hadn't really told anyone except Meme, Woolf, and TBH. Laff, Socks, and Blaza had all accidentally found out.

                              "I'm too distracted for this right now." Nadwe muttered, slamming the book he was reading on vampires back onto the desk. The book nearly broke the desk. Great. Another thing he'd have to get used to. Super-strength.

         The funeral had been hard, especially only two hours after turning into a vampire. Nadwe had been extremely nervous, and some of that nervousness was still there. The last day or so, he'd been keeping himself in his room. He only allowed Meme and TBH in there, since they knew what was going on, and he was used to being around them as a vampire. Nadwe knew by now that he was just feeling foolish, but it was a genuine fear.

                                              Nadwe didn't know what he'd do if he hurt one of his friends.

                    He was only taking the risk of going out at the moment because he needed some fresh air, and honestly couldn't take being cooped up in that room for much longer before he went insane.

                               Also, he needed food.

                 It was a very different experience going outside as a vampire than as a human. For starters, you could smell so many more things than you could as a human. You could run a little bit faster than everyone else, which Nadwe had a lot of fun doing, and you could also get blood easily without having to hurt any humans.

                                   "I'm sorry, Mr. cow. It has to be done" Nadwe apologized. It always made him feel horrible that he had to do this, but it was better than having to hurt anyone else. Nadwe quickly bit the cow, got enough blood for him to feel better, and took some bandaids out of his pocket.

       "There you go. I'm so sorry, once again! I really hope you recover." Nadwe told the cow softly as he patched the wound up. The weakened cow mooed back at him, and Nadwe liked to imagine that it forgave him.