Chapter 4: Nadwe

Nadwe woke up with a jolt. Glancing at his surroundings, he realized that he was still in the woods. He shakily got up and took a better look, trying to figure out what time it was.

                 He groaned. His neck still really hurt.

                            The blood was still on the spot where he'd been laying. How much blood had he lost? How was Nadwe not dead at this point from blood loss?

                                   Nadwe looked at his hands, and his eyes widened. His hands were almost pure white, he'd paled so much.

"Am I really not dead?" Nadwe pondered, thinking it impossible that he was still alive right now. Who knows. He could be a ghost, for all he knew.

             Suddenly, a thought came to his mind. Nadwe remembered something that he'd learned at school once.

                     "Vampires like to stalk the woods. If they bite you, you'll turn into one. You'll know because you'll be extra pale, your neck will hurt, your eyes will be red, and you'll feel extremely thirsty." Nadwe's teacher had explained to the class.

                                         Nadwe realized that he almost fit all of this criteria. The only thing he didn't know about was the red eyes. It's not like he had a mirror on him at the moment. He wasn't that vain, contrary to popular belief.

             The possibility of being a vampire terrified him, What if he couldn't control himself? What if he hurt his friends? He was only fourteen, for god's sake! How was he supposed to deal with this?

                             An even more terrifying thought hit him.

                                                       Laff.

                    There was no way that Laff would just let this slide. He'd do whatever it took for Nadwe to not be a vampire anymore, and as much as Nadwe wasn't thrilled about this, he wasn't quite sure that he wanted to give it up.

             After all, Nadwe was one of the only ones in the group who didn't have any sort of power or magic. He'd tried so many times, but nothing had ever happened.

                       As far as he knew, Meme, Socks, Oof, Oompa and Joocie were the only other ones who didn't have any magic or powers. It was kind of annoying to be honest. In the world that he lived in, that was the main way to defend yourself.

          The more he thought about it, the more he was convinced that it wouldn't be so bad. As long as Nadwe learned to control himself and not hurt anybody, it would be fine

              Still, it was kind of scary thinking about how he'd tell Meme and the others.

   What was he going to say?

                            'Hey, sorry I ran off. But hey, I became a vampire, so it was worth it!'

                                          It was stupid. Pure stupidity.

                Even worse was the fact that Meme was most likely stressing out right now because of him. Nadwe had most likely been gone for a while now. With a sigh, Nadwe started to walk back. He knew that he had to put the shock and small feeling of hurt aside, because if Wiktoria was his mom, then Meme was his dad, which was extremely weird to get used too, but necessary.