Chapter 3: Nadwe

This was the worst day ever.

                                                    Nadwe had no idea how to comprehend everything that had happened. He felt a huge mixture of emotions. Something had really stood out to Nadwe, though, and it bothered him.

                      He didn't really know if it was really Socks.

                                                                    Don't get him wrong, he was suspicious, but if more than two people were vouching for Socks, then didn't that give a hint that it probably wasn't him?

            But the weird blue glow that had been in Meme's eyes when it happened didn't lie...

                        Either way, Nadwe had to be there for Meme. Meme had been there for him once, so Nadwe owed it to him.

                        If he was being honest,  Nadwe had no idea who did this, or even any clue why they had done it, but he knew that taking care of Meme was priority number one. TBH helped him bring the dazed Meme back to his house, and into his bed. Meme sat there for a minute, silent.

            "I need to go to bed." He muttered, lying down and turning away from them. Nadwe wished that he could do more, but it's not like he could bring Wiktoria back to life, or ease Meme's grief.

                         Turning away, Nadwe walked down the stairs, leaving Meme to get some much needed sleep. TBH hurried after Nadwe, and when Nadwe froze, turned him around to look at TBH.

        "Nadwe-" TBH began.

                               "What?" Nadwe asked numbly, the emotion of the night finally catching up to him. He noticed that TBH looked concerned.

           "Are you okay? It's been a horrible day, and so much has happened..." TBH admitted, putting a hand on Nadwe's shoulder.

                       For a moment, Nadwe considered telling him the truth. That things were weighing down on him and he was extremely stressed and upset. However, Nadwe took a deep breath and put on a strong face as he replied.

                        "Yeah, I'm okay." He answered.

             "Good. Remember that if you ever need to talk about anything, I'll be here for you." TBH reminded Nadwe with the smallest and most strained smile that Nadwe had ever seen on his face.

         "What about you? Are you okay?" Nadwe asked as TBH started walking away. TBH froze.

                        "I'm fine, Nad. Now go get some rest okay?" TBH suggested. Something told Nadwe that this was a lie, but if TBH wasn't going to tell him, then he couldn't help him, and Nadwe wasn't going to press the issue.

            Instead, Nadwe decided to follow TBH's advice. Nadwe walked back to his own house, and fell asleep reflecting about the events of the day, and wondering if Socks really was guilty or not.

                 The next morning, Nadwe woke up feeling exhausted. It was pretty early in the morning, and he'd been up late last night thanks to what had happened.

    After he got ready, Nadwe walked over to the prison, meeting up with TBH on the way.

            "What are you doing up so early?" Nadwe asked.