Chapter 25: Nadwe

As insane as it seemed, the trial had begun. 

              Nadwe had some evidence in mind, and he was looking forward to being able to talk about it. After all, he'd been the one to find the main evidence in the first place. That's why he knew he would be called up eventually.

                                                 The sense of betrayal that Nadwe had felt when he'd discovered the room had long disappeared. Replacing it was a sense of justice. TBH was going to pay for what he'd done. Nadwe would make sure of that.

                                                                     As they all awkwardly sat down, Laff pounded the gavel, signaling the beginning of the trial. Socks stood up and cleared his throat.

                             "I would like to present MY account and evidence." Socks announced.

                                                            Laff seemed surprised for a moment, like he couldn't believe that Socks had just spoken. After a moment, he nodded though. Socks grinned and began to tell his account of what had happened.

             "Well I'd just gotten done talking to Meme at the doctors office when we heard a scream. We followed the sound and had found Woolfster protecting Nadwe from TBH. The evidence on the wall was clear as day. TBHonest is guilty. Here's the photos to prove it." Socks put up some photos he'd taken of the scene.  

                                                                                         Laff examined them, and with a nod, looked towards TBh and Muffin. Nadwe remembered with a jolt that Muffin had decided to be the defense for TBH. He didn't take it personally though. Muffin would be getting paid either way for this, and it was his way of making some easy money. Why a fourteen year old was allowed to basically be a lawyer, Nadwe wasn't quite sure.

                                   Then again, he was fourteen and he'd managed to be involved in two trials in his life already. So why not.

                                                                               "My client wants to say something." Muffin said. He gave the floor to TBH, who looked very nervous and awkward.

                                         "It was planted! I had no idea that was back there." TBH explained.

         "Then how do you explain this?" Meme exploded from his chair, and set something up on the screen. It was a video of TBH going through the paintings a day or so earlier. "I got this footage from the security cameras." Meme admitted, a glint in his eyes as he basically challenged TBH to respond.

                               "Okay, there was something else back there!" TBH muttered uncomfortably. Nadwes interest peaked. What else could've possibly been back there? Laff seemed to share the same idea as he raised a eyebrow.

                                                                                                    "What had allegedly been back there, then?" Laff questioned. Everyone waited for the answer. Nadwe was about to think that TBH would never say it when he finally sighed.

                                                 "It was a private bathroom, okay! I admit it." TBH confessed. 

                        "Wait...yeah, that's right! I'd been back there before once." Muffin remembered.