Chapter 11: Blaza

Blaza had sat there reading all day. 

                                           It was unnatural and weird. He was glad that after this, he would be done. Luckily, all the research had paid off. Someone had done some magic on Socks. Possibly a curse, if Blaza had to guess. All the research pointed that way.

        Of course, Blaza was worried. But what could he do? He didn't have that kind of magic. Even if he did, he didn't know how to undo it. The person who'd done this was smart.  They'd made it almost impossible to figure out exactly what it was. 

                                                          Blaza hated it. Also, something was wrong with his powers again, he could tell. They didn't detect anything from the nightmares! If they had been working, Blaza would've had the feeling that he needed to stay with Socks last night instead of leaving.

                  Oh, yes, fine. Blaza would admit that he felt guilty. He knew it technically wasn't his fault, but he couldn't shake off the feeling that it may have not happened if he'd stayed.

                                                                                    Sighing, Blaza ran a hand through his hair. He would be lying if he said he wasn't stressing out about this. He deeply cared for his friend, and it sucked that there was nothing Blaza could really do about this. 

                              Putting the books away, Blaza noticed something out of the corner of his eyes. He looked over to see a exhausted looking Socks come over.

                                         "What happened?" Blaza asked, throwing down the books. As far as he was concerned, this was more important right now. He could put away the books later.

                                                                                                 "Meme set up a court date. The day after tomorrow." Socks confessed numbly. Blaza hugged him, knowing how upset he must be. He'd really been hoping that Meme believed he was innocent.

                                                      "Oh, Socks...I'm sure it won't be that bad. What if you get proved innocent?" Blaza prompted.

                 "Or what if I get 'proved' guilty! I'd get the death penalty, Blaza!" Socks whispered. 

                                                                     "It won't come to that. I won't allow it." Blaza told him.

                               "Thanks, but...I'm not sure you could do anything about it." Socks sighed.

       "The hell I can't!" Blaza exclaimed. 

                                                 "Anyways, moving on...did you figure it out? Please tell me some good news Blaza." Socks begged. Blaza winced. He had no good news for Socks.

             "Well...I didn't really find out what it was. The evidence leans toward it being some kind of curse, but it's impossible for me to truly find out." Blaza admitted.

"It could be a curse?” Socks exclaimed, shocked. Blaza shuffled his feet nervously.

                                 “I’m not saying that for sure, but…” Blaza trailed off.

   “But how? Nobody we know can do this sort of thing!” Socks muttered.

                    “I don’t know. I’m so sorry, Socks.” Blaza sighed.