Chapter 6: Meme

Meme had to hold back tears as he walked up to the casket. The service had mostly ended, so Laff was allowing them to come up and say a few words. Meme had obviously wanted to do so, but staring at her just...laying so still.

              It hurt him so much.

                        Taking a shaky breath, he started to say what he wanted to say.

                                    "Things haven't been good at all since you died, Wicky. I am trying my best, but everything is falling apart without you. I miss you so much. I told Nadwe about you finally...he wishes he could've had you here still, and so do I. I love you so much, and if I could have given my life to save yours, I would've done it without a glance back." Meme broke off, tears starting to burn in his eyes.

            "Let's go Meme." TBH murmured, guiding Meme out of the chapel, where he sat down on a log and wiped his eyes.

                                                          "Sorry." Meme apologized, sniffling a little bit.

                      "Meme it's fine. It is okay for you to grieve. You don't need to keep your emotions in check all the time. Wiktoria wouldn't want you to do this to yourself, man." TBH told him, concern in his green eyes.

                                             "TBH, I'm just so worried, and stressed, and...everything seems to be building up. Nothing is going to change, and I'll have to forever live without the only person who made me want to be a better person, and who loved me even at my worst." Meme finally let it out, tears streaming down his face.

                                                            He hoped Nadwe was still having his talk with Wiktoria. He would hate for his son to see him like this.

                      "Your friends are here for you, Meme. Nobody likes to see you like this. I know that somebody did this, and I promise you that they will be found, but you can't put yourself through this all the time. We will get through this together, Meme. So please stop putting so much pressure on yourself. Let yourself get through the grief first. I will be here for you every step of the way, man." TBH promised, hugging the shaking Meme.

                   Meme allowed himself a minute or two, and calmed down a little bit. Breaking up the hug, he gave TBH a small, shaky smile.

                              "TBH...thanks. I needed that." Meme admitted.

                                                  "Anytime, Meme." TBH said with a smile.

                                                                      "If something ever happens to me, TBH....would you take care of Nadwe for me?" Meme asked quietly.

                 "Of course." TBH replied, dead serious. Meme nodded. He knew that Nadwe was like a little brother to TBH. TBH would be true to his word.

                                  "Thanks." Meme said gratefully.

            Not that anything would happen, but it was good to be prepared. After all, Meme could be next if the mastermind had any more deaths planned, and he didn't want to not have a plan in place.

                                                           It was at that moment that Nadwe walked over to them, looking tired. He kept to the shadows.