Chapter 14: Socks

Socks got food and some weapons from the chests, and closed them. He had everything he needed. He could go now.

                                                  "What's going to happen?" Wiktoria asked him, sitting down on top of the chests, worry in her eyes as she looked at her friend.

                  "I don't know, Wiktoria. I'm terrified, but there's nothing I can do. Are you going to come with me?" Socks responded.

                                         "Of course. You didn't think I'd just let you run away by yourself, right?" Wiktoria told him, getting off of the chests.

                                                                      "Then let's go." Socks suggested. He turned around, and slowly made his way out of the darkened alleyway in the base. He double checked, and walked out into the open, getting ready to run to the exit when he froze. 

            Laff was there, staring right at him. 

                                                                                           "Oh shit!" Wiktoria exclaimed.

                             "Heeeeyyyy, Socks..." Laff greeted somewhat awkwardly. 

                                                           "Please just let me leave." Socks sighed.

                     "Socks, you're a condemned criminal." Laff pointed out, pulling a gravity gun out of his pocket, and lifting Socks into the air. Socks struggled to move, but it was useless.

                                           "Laff, listen! In the video, I was at the base, right?" Socks pointed out.

                                                                          "Yeah..." Laff begrudgingly assented.

                              "But remember the night you guys broke me out of prison? That was the first time I'd ever been to the base. It doesn't add up, Laff." Socks defended himself.

                                                                                                           "Actually..you're right." Laff realized. He gently lowered Socks back down to the ground, and put away the gravity gun.

                                                    "Finally. Someone has sense." Wiktoria muttered.

                  "I made the judgement too quickly." Laff admitted.

                                       "Can't you just change it?" Socks asked.

                                                                                         "I can't. Once a judgement is made, you can't change the ruling. I'm sorry Socks." Laff apologized.