Ch. 7

I walk out into the circular room with 7 other doors lining the wall, and a huge spiral staircase in the middle. Each door has a nameplate of the girl who will inhabit that room until next year. I see that I'm sharing a floor with;

Haile
Loretta
Grace
Lisa
Katrina
Mae
And Sara

I smile knowing that Loretta is in the same tower, but I'm not quite sure if I should trust her yet. She reminds me of Alex. I walk down a spiral staircase, having a hard time in my cream colored heels and my matching cross crossed dress. I somehow find my way back to the ball room. I try to trace the steps to the woman's room, but end up getting lost. After I stumble around for a while a see a guard standing next to a door outside.

"Excuse me, but can I have directions to the women's room?" I say curious to see if he will even answer me, he looks so frozen in time.

I looks down from his staring position, and smiles,

"You're one of the selected girls right?" he asks, "The woman's room is to the right of the farthest staircase from the door in the ballroom. Down the hall way some, and the 4th door on the right." he says and then starts to stare again. I nod to pretend like I actually heard the directions that he just gave.

I walk around until I find the ballroom, and by then it's getting dark and I'm hungry, so I just head back to my room.

Well that was fun, I thought, I visited every part of the castle but the place I wanted to go.

Short and not sweet.

Some sarcastic bitch: oH YoUr sUCh a gOoD wRiTeR AuTumN.

Me: Mm yes thanks I know. *flips hair over shoulder whilst crying.*

Update- 3 years later: WTF WAS WRONG WITH ME AS A CHILD, LIKE WHAT KIND OF AUTHORS NOTE IS THAT? YOU IDIOT