Ch. 18

"Wait what?!" My face lighting up.

Laughing Christian says, "Well, you seem to like new places, so I'm taking you to one."

Grinning from ear to ear I stand on my tippy-toes and give in a soft kiss.

"Promise me you will behave yourself in front of the royal family?" He says, his face full of concern, but I can tell he is smiling under his frown.

"Haven't I already?" I ask motioning to the castle as we walk out the gates.

Giving a sigh he takes my hand and gives my baggage to a butler who helps us onto the plane.

Taking a seat in front of a window, I notice that the plane is much more fancier than the plane that brought us here. With expensive leather seats, flat screen Tv's, a mini bar, and so many other things.

Hannah comes and sits next to me while the boys sit over by the television.

Hannah and I talk for a while until the boys come and sit next to us. Leaning my head against Christians shoulder, I close my eyes and sleep.

***

"Wake up, sweethart." a muffled voice says into my ear.

Stretching out I mumble, "Five more minutes." Opening my eyes I see that Jason and Hannah left and Christian stayed with me.

Getting up he takes my hand and helps me from my seat.

Walking out I see a much more modern castle than the one in Italy.
"Have you been here before?" I ask Christian.

Laughing he says, "Many times," He intertwines his fingers with mine, "Father used to fly us down here almost every other month. Liked to call it culture or something..." He trailed off admiring the palace. 

"Lily!" Hannah says rushing up to me as we walk through the doors like she had been waiting there. 

"I'll take you to your room, and then we can meet the royal family." she says as she turns and walks down the hallway.

Humming lightly to myself, I walk after her into a very large room.

"This will be your room for a week." she says motioning around.

"Thank you." I tell her as I plop down on the bed.

"Yup, oh and you can have one day to get settled in, but then you should go meet my new family, for the next week we will have to plan and host a party for all the Lords and Ladies of Illea, or Caste two."

"What is a Caste?" I ask bewildered.

"Well they are what we used to live by, before I was born. Queen Isabelle's mother and father eliminated them for good, but they are still generally referred to. I guess you can't break an old tradition for good."

Now, I finally realize why she is the perfect princess. Logical, on top of things, organized, and super nice. Mostly all things that I'm not...

"Okay, I'll be ready for anything you throw at me." I say.

"Great, oh and for maids you can have one of the extra, and one of mine."

"You don't have to do that, it's okay." I say trying to reassure her that I'm fine.

"No, I insist, goodnight." she says leaving.

Laying down on my bed, I wonder about my future.

Christian likes me, but how much? Enough to make me a princess, or will he marry a girl like Sara, who was alway proper and poised, and although I have never talked to her, she seems nice. Or maybe he likes girls like Riley, or Britney, who are content with putting others down.

I let my eyes close, and suddenly I'm standing in a huge wooden room. Hannah, is besides me, and Sam, Loretta, and Alex are standing in a row with a bunch of men in suits.

Hannah, arm in arm with Jason fix the long train on my white dress, then she gives me a little smile before going out the door, after all the couples have gone out the door, it's my turn.

Pushing open beautiful doors and all the way down the isle is a man in a white suit, when I see his smile, I don't care what happens for the rest of my life, as long as I'm with him.