Chapter Five - Catching up

Friday - 5PM

(Katie POV)

"See you on Monday!" I called as I grabbed my coat and bag from the staff room and headed out of work. 

I walked out into the street and started walking to Cameron's house. 

He had invited me over to catch up on life been as when I pulled away from crying like an idiot infront of him, he just said he wanted to catch up on everything that he'd missed. 

So I agreed with him and that's why I was heading to his house.

**

I got to Cameron's front door and rang the bell. 

He opened it with a big smile on his face. 

"Hi." He said. 

"Hey." I smiled. 

I knew I shouldn't been mixing with him, because he'd be leaving again soon and I didn't  want to become too close again. 

We headed inside and he took me into the living room and we sat down. 

It was just Cam's brother sitting watching the TV. 

"Sup?" He asked me.

"Hey." I replied. 

I looked at Cameron and smiled again. 

"Hey, do you mind coming up to my room, we can talk in private there." Cameron asked me.

I nodded and followed him into his room it was really tidy. 

I sat down on the bed and looked around, it seemed like a nice little room, I looked over to his dresser and saw a photo of me and him. 

I frowned a little, then Cameron closed the bedroom door and sat on a chair facing me. 

"So.." I said.

"So. What was life like once we left?" Cameron asked me.

I sighed, I didn't really want to tell him about the depression, but I told him anyway.

"I went through depression, a deep stage of depression really. I locked myself away in my room, I wouldn't come out or talk to anybody. My mum would have to go out before I could run into the bathroom to take a shower, I'd eat in my room. Yeah, I locked myself up really." I said, I looked down at the floor awkwardly. 

"I'm so sorry for making you go like that." Cameron said.

I looked up to see him really looking disappointed. 

"It isn't totally your fault Cam. You're not the only one who left." I said. "Plus, I brought it on myself didn't I? So.." 

He grabbed my hand and shook his head. "No, it's not your fault either. I'm part of the group who made you get into depression, I'm sorry for leaving you like that. For three years." He said.

I let go of his hand and just shrugged my shoulders. 

"I met Jake again though. Which changed my life for the better, he made me happy, he took me out, made me meet new people and yeah. We started dating, then a year later he asked me to marry him actually..." I said. 

I looked down at the floor, pausing for a little. Then I looked back up at Cameron. 

"We decided it wasn't ever going to work though actually, so last year we broke up and yeah. Moved on again with life." 

Cameron nodded. He really was interested in knowing more about me. 

I sighed, then I smiled. "You know, it's so fucking stupid that I'm even still in York. Me and Danny had plans all that time ago to someday leave. With eachother that would be. It's weird how that panned out." I said. 

Cameron was just silent. Then he spoke up. 

"When we left you. I regretted it as soon as we got onto the flight. I really wanted to get off and just come back for you. But the boys would have been so pissed off if I did get off." 

I sat there, kind of shocked with what he was telling me. 

"I really fucking liked you, you know. I had so many feelings for you. But I hid behind friendship with you, because I never wanted to make it even more awkward with the band. When we got to America, we were all depressed about leaving you. Danny cried nearly all of the time, James was bummed out, Sam was sad and I was really. Not right at all." He sighed. 

"And what about Ben?" I asked.

Cameron looked right into my eyes. "Ben let fame get to his head, and let's just say. He was telling us to get over you." 

I felt really sick. Ben had been a fake all along. 

"Well." I said. 

Cameron stood up and opened his cupboard, he brought out a coat. He layed it onto the bed next to me. 

"This is the jacket I took to America with me and I haven't wore it for about 2 years now. Check inside the pocket." He said to me.

I just looked at it, it was a coat with a hood, it was a dark green. 

I put my hand in the pocket and felt a piece of paper, I pulled it out and it was actually a photograph, I looked at the photo and it was of me and Cameron one Christmas, hugging eachother and being so happy. It had some writing on the back, I read it and it said.

"The girl who meant so much to me. Never go forgetting her Cameron!" 

I smiled and looked up at him. 

"That's cute." I said.

He smiled, then he hugged me. 

I pulled back and kissed his cheek. 

"It's been lovely catching up with you Cameron, see you soon." I said.

He nodded and smiled then I walked out of the bedroom, downstairs and out of the front door, and started heading home.

 I smiled to myself slightly, because that was so adorable of Cameron.