Chapter Thirty Two - The real thing.

Thursday Morning. 

4AM 

(Danny POV)

My alarm started going off, me and Katie both moaned and turned over, just wanting to sleep and sleep, even though we had a really early night last night. 

We had two hours until we needed to check out and be back on the bus, the hotel room was a total mess, so that'd take us long enough. 

I finally got my focus, I got up and turned the alarm off, I opened the blinds, still hearing Katie snore. 

She wasn't speaking to me much yesterday, after she'd been out talking with Sam for a while, she seemed different, like she had no feelings at all for me. Even though she had kissed me two days ago. 

I smiled at her, I went into the bathroom to shower, before waking her up so she could have a shower afterwards.

(Katie POV)

I woke up to the sound of the hotel shower running, it was still dark outside, the lamps were lighting up the room, I looked out of the window, as the blinds were open for some reason, the city was asleep.

It looked lovely though, it made me feel slightly relaxed. I looked up to the sky, it was kind of light, I guess it was getting ready to wake everyone up, another day. And we had to be on the road again soon. 

I hadn't been speaking to Danny much yesterday, as the chat with Sam made me feel sick, like everyone thought I was cheating on Cameron, their close friend. I wouldn't ever to that, especially not to Cameron, the most loving person ever, who made me feel happy.

I liked Danny, and the other night I had felt the need to kiss him, to just stop being lonely, but I guess that was selfish of me, as Danny was probably pulling his hair out with stress, not knowing what was going on between us. 

I'd need to tell him at some point, so he doesn't think I have those feelings towards him, I used to, when I was a silly teenager, still trying to find a place in the world to fit in. Now I was an adult, I couldn't play with people's feelings all the time, I needed to be grown up and sort problems out. 

All of a sudden, the sound of the bathroom door opening made me jump out of my daydream. I turned to see Danny smiling at me, with a towel wrapped around his waist. He looked so attractive, but I couldn't see him like that, I hated seeing him like that, it made me feel guilty. 

"I see someone's finally awake. Miss sleepy head." Danny said to me.

I laughed. "Well, the sound of your loud shower got me up. It doesn't matter though, we need to get moving. I'll just have a quick shower first though." I said, getting up from the side of the bed and walking past him, into the bathroom. 

I turned to close the bathroom door. Danny smiled at me. 

"Sorry about the shower waking you up." He said. 

I smiled, feeling my cheeks blush. "It's okay." I muttered, then I closed the door. 

5:40AM

(Danny POV)

"Sorry for the early awakening, but I needed to pay." I said to the guy at the desk.

He had been asleep on the desk when I went up to pay, I guess I'd be the same if I had a job like that. 

"It's okay, sorry for being asleep Sir." He said to me, passing me back my credit card. 

I nodded and smiled, then me and Katie grabbed our bags and started walking out of the hotel lobby, we were ready earlier than we had expected. 

"Hey, let's go get some breakfast from one of these early diners. Then we could head back to the bus if you want?" I said to Katie. 

She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "If that's what you want to do, then okay." 

I laughed, she was always like that, kind of shy, so she wouldn't say 'Yes' or 'No' she'd say 'It's up to you.' 

**

(Katie POV)

"You know, you've been kind of quiet since Sam spoke to you, alone yesterday. Are you okay?" Danny asked me. 

I sipped my coffee and nodded. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just kind of miss Cameron." I lied. 

Well, it was exactly a lie, because I really did miss Cameron, but the real reason was because I needed to tell Danny about my feelings for him, and I really didn't want to.

"Oh, okay then." Danny said.

I sat there for a while, we carried on eating and drinking quietly, then I decided to bring it up.

"Danny." I began. "I don't know how to put this, because I feel like a cunt. I don't want you thinking that I've used you or anything over the last couple days." 

Danny stopped eating, he raised his eyebrows and payed more attention to me. 

"I don't like you, like you like me. I don't see you as anything more than just a close friend. I'm so sorry that I kissed you, I have probably now confused you, lead you on. I didn't want to do that at all. I just kissed you because I felt lonely, like you were the only person there at that time, who understood me and was close to me. I'm so sorry for kissing you and making you think things were going on with us." I said.

Danny just sat there, looking kind of shocked and sad. I didn't want to upset him, but I had to tell him. 

"Well.." He started. "I guess you're officially dumped then." 

I stopped, I frowned, not knowing what he meant. 

Then he grinned. I suddenly remembered, we had been going out the last couple of days again, we were planning all along to dump eachother before we got back to the bus. 

I started laughing, going bright red. 

At least that was kind of sorted out... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note: Thanks for reading this chapter, I told you I'd update! So here you go. :) Hope you like it.

- Laura Worsnop