Chapter Twenty Nine - Run away with me.

Tuesday Morning - 8AM

(Katie POV)

"Wake up! Wake up!" I heard. 

I shot up and hit my head off the top of the bunk, then I fell back into bed and I moaned in pain, grabbing my head and rubbing it. 

"Ouch!" I yelled out.

I heard people laughing, then mumbling of voices. I had forgotten that I wasn't in a normal bed, I was still in a bunk, on a tour bus full of people, people who I really didn't know. 

All of a sudden, my bunk door opened and James poked his head in, he was grinning. 

I looked to him, still rubbing my head, now feeling annoyed that everyone was laughing at my failure. 

"What?" I snapped.

He started laughing again and shook his head, then he pulled back and walked off, leaving my bunk wide open. I sighed and got up, I started searching for my clothes. 

**

I closed the bathroom door and dropped the bag full of clothes next to me, I just walked up to the mirror and stared at myself. I sighed. 

Thinking back to last night....

[FLASH BACK] 

Cameron shrugged his shoulders and laughed. 

"I just wanted to show you that I love you baby." He said quietly, trying to grab me again. 

I shook my head and frowned, I then pushed him away. 

"Cam. Are you okay?" I asked. 

He just laughed, then I opened the door and backed out of the bathroom, nobody was on the bus, they were all outside talking, Cameron ran towards me and kissed me. 

I shoved him off, feeling really annoyed. 

"Cameron! You don't look well, stop doing that." I snapped. 

Cameron laughed for a while, then his face fell and it went as white as a sheet. His eyes rolled back and he fainted infront of me. 

I screamed for help, Ben and James shot onto the bus, they shouted for someone to call an ambulance for him. 

I was shaking and crying, not knowing what was going on at all. 

"Come on Cameron, don't do this on us." Ben said to him, whilst shaking him a little. 

Then I felt someone standing next to me, it was Sam. 

I looked at him and he gave me a weak smile, probably trying to reassure me that everything was going to be okay. I didn't know though, because nobody knew what had just happened to Cameron, he just kind of passed out infront of me. 

Ben muttered something to James, I didn't hear it, but James nodded then turned his head, he looked at me, then he looked at Sam. 

"Maybe it's best if you take Katie for something to eat and a drink, this day has been too much for her, we don't want her passing out either, we'll deal with Cameron. Also, tell someone to cancel tonight's gig, we all know he won't be playing." James said to him.

I sighed, not wanting to go anywhere, this is what was stressing me out, the way people would pull and push me around, without my permission at all. They acted like I was a child who had lost their mum in a shopping center. I just wanted to be by Cameron. 

Sam looked at me, I liked Sam, he'd kind of ask me if things were okay to do with his eyes, before he went to do anything. 

I just took his hand and started walking off the bus with him, I took one final glance at a poor, pale and ill Cameron passed out on the floor. I gulped, then walked off the bus. 

The crowds of fans had been pushed back behind the fence again, they had all gone, inside the venue maybe. I felt bad for the people who had payed a lot of money for this gig, but at the same time I didn't care, anything would be done to make sure Cameron was okay. 

"SAM, WAIT!" I heard behind us. 

We both stopped and turned, to see Danny running towards us, once he had caught up he sighed. 

"I want to come with you please, I don't want to be here, in the way." He said.

I smiled and nodded, taking his hand with my free hand. Then we all walked off, we saw the ambulance coming towards the venue, so we quickly shot out as it drove up to the bus. I didn't look. I just kept walking in silence. 

**

"What would you like to drink and eat?" Sam asked me. 

We were now in a bar, Sam was about to go and order some food and a drink for me and Danny.

"A hotdog and chips would be nice, and just a simple glass of cola will do, thanks." I said. 

Sam smiled and nodded, then he walked off into the bar more. Leaving me and Danny sat together.

"Are you okay?" Danny asked me.

I looked at him, and nodded. 

I really wasn't, but If I told myself that, I'd just break down and I wouldn't be okay at all then. 

"Good." He said. 

We nodded, then sat in silence again. Then all of a sudden, Danny's fingers wrapped around my hand. I looked at him, and gave him a weak smile. He smiled back then spoke. 

"I want you to run away with me sometime. Just be rebels and be in love once more again, like old times. Just me and you, away from everyone else, we could  tell Cameron, he'd agree to it, once more with you. Being wild, being fun again." He said.

I sat there, in shock for a little while, not knowing what to say or think. 

"That would be cool. But I don't think I could Danny." I said. 

Danny smiled and nodded. "I totally understand, but the offer is there if you want to take it." 

I smiled and nodded, holding his hand for a little longer, then letting go of his hand as soon as Sam came back into vision. 

[END OF FLASH BACK] 

I rubbed my eyes, someone was knocking on the bathroom door. 

"Yeah?" I called out. 

"It's me, Sam. I just wanted to know if you were okay. And that Cameron is coming back today, but we have just Ben playing guitar now for a little while. Until he fully recovers." Sam said.

I smiled. "That's totally cool. I'm good thanks." 

Then I heard him walk away, my smile faded and I went back to getting ready for the long day ahead, hopefully it would be better than yesterday though. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note: 

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated since Saturday night, I was busy yesterday too. So I never really got the chance, I had some time tonight do write a chapter, so I made this for you. 

It's much better than the last chapter though. 

Thanks for reading. 

- Laura Worsnop