Chapter Eight - Denial.

Sunday Afternoon - 2PM

(Cameron POV)

I was hanging out at my old mates house, it was nice to be catching up with him.

Then my mobile buzzed and I slipped it out of my pocket. 

It was a text message off Katie saying. 

"Cam, we need to talk :/ Face to face... x" 

I frowned a little at it, not really knowing what was happening. Did I make it too obvious that I liked her? 

I thought for a while about what to reply back with, because I was really confused, but then I tapped in. 

"I'm out at the moment, but I will pop around to yours after, which would be in an hour, hope you're okay? xx"  

Then I put my phone away and carried on talking to my friend. 

3:10PM 

I got to Katie's apartment block and rang the buzzer, as last night she had the key to it. 

"Hello?" She asked down the intercom. 

"It's Cam." I replied.

Then she let me in. 

I started walking up the stairs, kind of slowly, trying to think about what was going on, she sounded kind of worried or concerned. 

I got to her front door and knocked, after a while of waiting she swung the door open and just stood there, staring awkwardly at me. 

She had her hair tied back and she had a grey jumper on with denim shorts. 

I couldn't help but find her really attractive, even though she was frowning at me. 

"What's up?" I asked.

She sighed. "Come in." 

So I nodded and followed her in, she closed the door and then we sat down on the couch. 

"So, what's going on?" I asked her again, hoping she'd just hurry up and tell me. 

She scratched her head a little then looked right into my eyes. 

"Danny rang me earlier Cam..." She said.

My heart started thumping fast. You know when someone mentions something that you don't want them too, you think you're going to be in shit? I had that happen to me. 

I gulped and just sat there, I shrugged my shoulders as I didn't know what she meant. "So?" I said. 

She sighed. "Cam. He told me I can't be your mate, like I can't hang around with you and stuff because you like me apparently.." 

I felt like I was going to cry, why had Danny told her?!  I only gave him her number because he said he wanted to get to know her again. 

"What? That's stupid!" I laughed, I think she could tell I was nervous about it a little. 

"Do you like me?" She asked. 

For some reason it looked like she had a bit of hope in her eyes. But I just shook my head.

"Not like..that. If that's what you mean?" I laughed, obviously even more nervous.

"I was about to say that's adorable, if you did like me. Because I meant it like that, but oh well. It's all good, I have no idea what Danny was going on about then. He said that if you hung around with me, you'd 'fall in love with me even more' and I'd break your heart." She laughed.

I laughed too, obviously feeling a little hurt, she must of liked me too! 

Why didn't I just tell her, she was going to call me cute, then I would of made my move on her. 

"Danny is just being a jealous prick Katie, ignore him." I smirked, whilst getting up off the sofa. 

She stood up too, also smiling. 

I headed towards the door and she followed me. 

I went to turn around to say goodbye, but she hugged me, tightly that was. I found that adorable. 

The nervous heart beating went away, it was more of a heart beat, for being in love.

I just wanted to kiss her there and then, but I knew it would be really awkward then. 

"See you." She said as she pulled back.

"Bye." I smiled, I could feel myself beginning to blush, so I turned quickly, kind of sprinting down the stairs and out of the apartment block. 

**

I was now walking by my road. 

I started grinning like an idiot, Katie had just said that if I had told her I liked her, she was going to call it cute, and she hugged me randomly.

I really did like her, but I didn't want to tell her just yet. I was nervous really, everyone knows me as the shy person, and I guess I really am. I hated how shy I got around people, but that was just me and I couldn't help it. 

I stopped walking for a little bit. 

I pulled out my mobile and saw a missed call from Ben. 

I frowned, what was this about? Ben never normally called me when I was away. 

I clicked on his icon and started ringing him, hoping it wasn't too late or early in America. 

But then he answered, he sounded kind of rushed. 

"Cameron! We need you to get your arse back to America, as soon as possible man." He said as he answered the phone.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we really can't have you going around with Katie, she will ruin out chances at being an AMAZING band. Cam, we can't have you falling for her." He said. 

I frowned. Feeling myself becoming slightly angry. 

"Ben! I am here for my family, not for Katie. I don't like her all that much, I won't be unfocused on anything. I'm NOT coming back to America just because you want me to!" I shouted. 

Ben just became silent. 

"Cameron? Have you been drinking?" Ben asked. 

"No I fucking haven't, I'm really not happy with the way Danny rang her either." I snapped. 

"Woah." Ben said. "She really is on your mind a lot isn't she?" 

I frowned and sighed. Running my hand through my hair. 

"Yes. I love her Ben, and because of Danny, I just had to deny that I liked her, because I'd look like a right idiot if I just nodded, I wanted to tell her myself. Tell everyone to keep out of what I do, and who I hang around with. Okay? That includes you." I said.

Then I hung up and started walking as fast as I could back home, I really wasn't happy at all...