Unlucky In Love.

Jaclyn and Veronica spend a lot of time together, but Jaclyn isn't 100% in the relationship, the breakfast incident has shook her, she can't seem to shake the fact she prepared a meal that she loves, she prebooked a room and doesn't wish to invite her home. Something is wrong, but Jaclyn hopes to get to the bottom of it.

Later in the day, after parting from Vera, she Google's her, she uses all the information she knows about her. Veronica doesn't have any social media presence, she isn't listed in any searches. So Jaclyn remembers where she said she works, so she decides to go and see for herself. Jaclyn walks into the hospital and she sees Veronica giving a patient an injection, she's at least been honest on this. Jaclyn hides so she doesn't let her see her there. It's almost at the end of her shift, so Jaclyn texts her, they agree to meet. Jaclyn follows her home, it's a modest house, but she sees a woman in the house. Jaclyn thinks this is a lover, so she calls to tell her that they shouldn't see each other again. Veronica convinces her to keep trying and working on the relationship. Jaclyn agrees but she remains cautious.

For days Jaclyn keeps spying on Veronica, there's things that don't add up. So she confides in Lily who tells her, that because she has had her heartbroken, she's going to be suspicious. Jaclyn isn't quite sure that's the reason, she keeps seeing her anyway, she comforts herself in the fact the sex is amazing. So Jaclyn invites her home, if anyone can read her mind it's Zakina. So she invites her for dinner.

Veronica takes a little persuasion, but she agrees to come for dinner. The table is set that Veronica is sat next to Zakina, who's shocked that she's unable to get into her head. This again arouses suspicion. Zakina tells Jaclyn, there's something amiss with her, I don't trust her, I now understand your concerns. Lily is brilliant at reading body language, Lily studies her all evening, she agrees with Zakina, there's something I can't quite put my finger on with her.

I want to know, so for the good of the society and most importantly the residents of this home, continue to see her. Jaclyn doesn't feel good about this, but if Zakina can't read her mind, then something is wrong. The evening apart from not being able to figure out this woman went great. To return the favour, Jaclyn is invited to Veronica's home. Lily warns her to be careful but to be sure, she puts a hidden camera in the lapel of Jaclyn's jacket.

Upon arriving at Veronicas house, she's escorted to a quaint little lounge, Veronica attempts to take Jaclyn's jacket but she tells her she feels cold, she would like to keep it on her until she warms up.

Veronica says, "I'll put on the fire, then you'll have some heat."

While sat in the lounge, Jaclyn could hear footsteps upstairs, she asks, "who's up there?"

Veronica says, "it's my mom, she has dementia, she spends almost everyday up there."

Jaclyn is sympathetic, she asks about her and Veronica tells her that she doesn't want to talk about her, it'll put a dampener on the evening. Jaclyn asks to use the bathroom, Veronica tells her that it's the first on the right. Jaclyn takes the first room on the left, it's the room where the woman is kept, she screams, yelling at Jaclyn to get out.

Veronica asks her did she get lost? Jaclyn says, "yes, I'm sorry. I hope I haven't startled her?"

Veronica says, "she'll settle down soon, you're a new face to her." Jaclyn apologises again and they head to eat. While eating Lily texts Jaclyn, saying, "make your excuses ASAP, that woman who's in that room, used to be a member, until she began using the dark magick we've all used but she became consumed with it. It's destroyed her mind."

Jaclyn tells Veronica that there's a family emergency and she must get home. Veronica is sad, but she says, "maybe the next time at your place?"

Jaclyn kisses her and says, "sure babe, I'm sorry I must rush off."

Veronica says, "it's fine babe, I don't know how many dates I've had to cut short for my mom."

Jaclyn invites her to her home on the next date. When Jaclyn gets home, Lily is waiting, she asks, "when you were on that dating app, who contacted whom first?"

Jaclyn replies, "she messaged me, then our relationship went really fast, why?" Lily says sit down, I've a story to tell you.

Jaclyn sits down, Lily begins. "After you were born, Gabi obviously left, you and your sisters split. The woman in that room is called Mina, she is the girl's mother, she was a part of the society, but she became enthralled with dark magick, turning her into the person she is today. Veronica was born here in the compound, she may have told you she was born elsewhere, but I can assure you she was born here. Mina, was involved deeply with necromancy, she was trying to raise the dead, Veronicas father to be precise. Of course we couldn't allow this so Samael asked her to stop and she refused. Samael wiped her memories of me, the compound and the society. When she seen you, I could see she was remembering more than she lets on. I fully believe that her daughter has a vendetta with the society. The fact that Zak can't get into her head, is concerning. This woman has been planning revenge since she was a child. Jaclyn, I'm sure you like her, but she's dangerous to us, however I want to see how dangerous she actually is. Let her have a sleepover on your next date. I want to see once and for all what she has planned. I know she won't succeed."

Jaclyn asks, "how can you be so sure she won't succeed?"

Lily says, "we are protected, not just by Sami but by ancient magick, anything she tries will be seen when she stays here. Sami will stay too. So call her, arrange another date, this time in the compound and she will be sleeping over."

Jaclyn calls Veronica, she tells her that all is well now at home and she is invited for an isolated evening of pleasure, only she and her will be in the compound alone. Veronica agrees and tells her she will look forward to it. The plan is in action.