Coming Out.

It has been 3 months since the move to the US, Rosa was finally settled in school, her mothers business was going from strength to strength. Her father decided that he still wanted to keep his hands busy, Rosa senior had a huge barn built so he could continue his carpentry. Soon his products were selling and he had his own independence, something he's craved since his wife's wealth took it away.

Rosa senior stopped cooking, she flew in her sister as head chef, so the family had Mexican food from waking until sleeping. Rosa senior was glad to have her sister living with her and Rosa junior was glad to see a friendly familiar face.

At dinner Rosa senior told her daughter that she's going to throw a "coming out party."

Rosa junior laughed and said "Por qué mamá no soy gay?"

Her mother laughed and replied "Sé que no estás, al menos espero que no?"

They both laughed, "no you misinterpreted what I meant Rosa".

"I know what you meant mama but I don't want to be put on show" replied Rosa junior.

"Why not darling?" Asks her mother. "I have so much studying to do for my midterms" replied Rosa junior.

"I understand that my darling, but I want you to meet influential new people", responds her mother.

"Mama i don't want to" Rosa stresses.

"I'm sorry my darling but we are doing this, I've already made plans" expresses her mother.

"Ok mama but I want to help in the preparations, i want to decide my own wardrobe for it?" Said Rosa junior.

"Gracias mi hija" said Rosa senior in delight. "De nada mamá, te quiero mamá" responds Rosa Jr.

"I love you too" replied Rosa.

Rosa went shopping her aunt Maria, they decided to go to Rodeo Drive. María suggested they shop in Chanel for her dress. They found a gorgeous white off the shoulder gown, it had crystal detailing on the bodice and on the train. When Rosa tried it on, her aunt Maria told her that she needed to video call her sister so she could view Rosa in it. Rosa wasn't happy at the idea but she agreed. Her mother loved the dress and Rosa loved it too. They then went shopping for shoes, Maria had made lunch reservations at a Mexican restaurant near by so they could eat and rest. María told her niece she wasn't enjoying living in the US, but will see out her contract and see how she feels?

When Rosa got home she got the results of her midterms and she passed with distinctions.

Rosa senior excitedly said "this is another reason to celebrate."

Rosa told her daughter that she really can't wait until the party, she has a surprise for her. Rosa couldn't get it out of her mother what the "surprise" was?