Chapter 73

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not shoot me! I know!!! I know it's been fucking forever, please put your weapons down. I'm sorry.

If you follow any of my accounts, you know this month was my bday month and I had university exams and assessments all due in. That took priority so I've not been writing much, but life and all that. My last exam is Wednesday, but I finally got the time to finish this chapter that I've been trying to write since the 12th of May loooool.

It had been a struggle. But it's finally done and I AM SO SO SO PROUD OF IT.

This chapter honestly should be 2 but I just put it in one, so it's nice and long.

I wrote the majority of it to Amen by Amber Run so I'll put it when you should ideally play it, but I had it just running in the background after that.

Alright, enjoy!

------------------

Damon's P.O.V

I glance at my old man from over Will's shoulder and my nerves immediately take flight.

What if I fucked it up?
What if I said something wrong?

What if I hurt him more?

What if I made everything worse?

"Hey," Will says, resting a gentle hand on my cheek to bring my eyes back to him. His kind blue eyes like gentle skies, "everything's going to be okay."

There's no reason to be scared or nervous - he finishes through our link - nothing bad is going to happen.

Smiling, I let myself lean into his palm with a nod. 

Will's touch was loving as he stared up at me with those perfect eyes that lulled my nerves.

"I know," I say eventually, turning enough to press a kiss to the inside of his palm.

Will smiles cheerfully, his expression and posture relaxed in all the ways I wanted to be right now. But it was hard to match his mood when the day for Pops and me to spend some time together had finally arrived. 

While I was looking forward to it, to just talking to him about everything, as it got closer, my nerves decided to play with my seams and now I felt like I might unravel. 

But I had Will and he always made the world feel less daunting.

I pull him in for a hug and he holds me tight, squeezing me while I inhale him deeply. Small as he was, Will somehow made it feel as if he were the one surrounding me when we held one another, like he was protecting every part of me - especially the vulnerable ones.

"I'll be back before you know it," I whisper but he only laughs against my chest.

I get a poke to my side and a smile I knew was  on his lips without even seeing it, "I know you will, and while I'll miss you very much, I'll survive without you for a day or two."

"Are you sure?" I draw back to look at him and as predicted, my sweet mate was grinning for all the world to see. I quirk a brow, "Will you really be okay? Because I'm pretty sure you'll cry yourself to sleep tonight."