Chapter 7

HE'S SO CUTTEEEE. His eyes get me every time

--------------

William's P.O.V

"Which one do you like?" I ask Sassy as I look down at all the many little dog I.D tags which hung from the shelves. I held her in both my hands, shamelessly using her like a scanner, waiting for her to beep when she found one she liked. "There's a dog bone, a car, I think that's a ribbon or maybe it's batman's logo..."

I tilt my head trying to get a better look but stop when Sassy jumps forward nibbling at one of the tags. I pull her back and reach my finger for the lane she was in, pulling at one of the tags from the loops. I raise it to my face, chuckling lightly at the way Sassy licks at my cheek eagerly. It was the most excitement Sassy had shown me since I got her a bed for herself.

The tag was a gold circle, with three layers which had a cute pattern around the edge of each tier before leading up to the little crown at the center, just big enough to hold a name.

"Diva." I accuse looking at her for a moment. She licks my nose sending me into a fit of giggles. "If you like it this much, then it's yours," I say smiling as I stand. I press a kiss to her head before making my way to the counter with the remaining items I had to purchase.

Lately, I'd been carrying Sassy around whenever and wherever I could, she didn't mind at all. I'd gotten attached to her quiet easily and knew I only had a few more weeks of being able to lift her myself. Sassy was growing at an alarming rate, or maybe I just thought so because she was my first dog. Either way, I knew my noodle arms wouldn't be able to lift her much longer.

"There's a machine near the front of the shop where you can do it yourself," the cashier says, gesturing at the tag in his fingers after scanning it. "If we do it, it'll take a day or two to get to you."

And it'll talk just as long for me to figure out how to use the machine without being able to read the instructions. Electrical lighting was always problematic for me during the day, and now there were words involved, count me out.

"It's fine, I don't mind," I answer instead before pressing the chip on my card against the card reader. It beeps once and I smile with relief as the man hands me the bag. "Can I come to collect it myself, instead of delivery?"

"Sure, come back day after tomorrow and I'll have it done for you." The cashier says, giving me a piece of paper to write what I wanted on the tag.

I do a horrible job of writing my apartment address in a straight line, but try not to think about it before sliding the paper and pen back to him.

"Thanks," I mumble picking up Sassy and the bag before quickly evacuating the store. "Last stop, music shop and then home," I whisper to Sassy who just looks at me as if I was the puppy.

We'd been in Wolveshedge for roughly two weeks now and so far, things had been just fine. It wasn't that I'd fit into the town instantly, quite the opposite, I barely talked to more than ten people. A list which only consisted of shopkeepers, people who were all too happy to welcome a new face into their shops. I appreciated their eagerness but didn't necessarily welcome it.

I'd spoken to my mother a total of two times over the phone but didn't have much time to be depressed over it, not with Francis calling me every day to check-in. Sometimes I placed myself into another dimension where Francis was my father, he sure ass hell was better than my real one. The one who was still to say a word to me, I'd half hoped he'd at the very least call to yell about his painting, but he couldn't even spear me his anger.

But Wolveshedge took my mind off of all that, it was like a different world where everyone was happy all the God damn time, I was half content with it and half disgusted with the leave of joy in the atmosphere. The town was peaceful and everyone seemed to be content with their small little section on the map, even if they were so terribly discontented. But it was why I chose this place wasn't it, to be safe and discontented, yet I couldn't chase the feeling of something missing from the discombobulated picture I was forming day by day.