Finale: The Plan?

"So Sarada and Bardock went after Sasuke?" asked Gohan.

Boruto nodded. "It's up to us to defeat Majin Buu now."

Knowing that Bardock would go home with him, Gohan felt a little more comfortable leaving Konoha. He was worried, but he knew his grandfather was a super saiyan. He could take care of himself. Gohan needed to focus on Majin Buu at the moment.

"Did you see what Majin Buu did to the village?!" warned Tsubaki. "What can we do to stop him?" 

"Bibidi and Buu are here for me, and there's no way I'm going to face them alone," said Gohan. "All of you here are the only ones I can trust to fight with me."

Gohan's friends gave each other blank stares. They were all young shinobi and felt underqualified to be facing an extraterrestrial power. 

It was Shikadai who broke the silence. "Well...the village is in danger, so we might as well do something, right?" 

"Do you have a plan?" asked Boruto.

Shikadai weighed his options. "There's definitely not much we can do, but we need to use our advantages as ninja: stealth and strategy."

"What do we know about Buu?" asked Denki. As one of the weaker ninjas, he was hoping to contribute to strategizing.

"Majin Buu is practically indestructible. He regenerates whenever he's hurt," answered Tsubaki. She remembered watching Lord Seventh fight the pink monster. 

Iwabe sighed. "Anyone have a fancy jutsu that can blast that guy to nothingness?"

Gohan scratched his head in uncertainty. Iwabe's idea would work since that was how Cell was defeated. But did he have enough power to do the same to Buu?

"Wait, we don't have to defeat him!" blurted out Boruto.

The young ninjas looked at Boruto in confusion. 

"Denki, weren't you working on sealing jutsus?" asked Boruto. "If we can't beat Buu, then we can just seal him away!"

Denki broke into a cold sweat as he was put in the spotlight. "B-but my sealing jutsus aren't that good!"

"Maybe we can look up some high level sealing jutsus. I'm sure there's something from history that can put down Buu," said Shikadai.

"Let's go check right now!" exclaimed Gohan. There was hope for defeating Buu.

***

From around the corner, Naruto listened to the young ninjas

From around the corner, Naruto listened to the young ninjas. He remembered the days when he was as hopeful as them. However, times were different. After facing Majin Buu himself, Naruto would not risk any of their lives, especially his own son's. 

"I can't let you go." He stepped out of his corner and let his presence be known. "None of you will be facing Majin Buu."

The young ninjas remained silent as the Hokage appeared. 

Boruto stepped forward. "Dad, you have to let us help some how!"

Naruto put his hand on Boruto's head. "Stay out of this. It's not your duties to save the village. You kids still have bright lives to live." 

Boruto could see sorrow in his father's face. It was bad news. "You're going by yourself?"

Naruto looked away. The Supreme Kai had alerted him that Bibidi left his ship. They were hunting after Sasuke. It was time to attack now. Naruto, the Supreme Kai, and other high level ninjas were going. 

"Lord Seventh, it's me they want! You can at least take me with you," protested Gohan. 

Naruto shook his head. "That's why I don't want you to go. We don't know what will happen if they get you." 

Naruto looked at all of them in the eyes to make sure they understood him. "All of you have nothing to be ashamed of. There will come a time when you are capable shinobi. But for now, as Hokage, I order you all to stay." 

He walked away, ready for battle.