Watagash Arc: Loneliness

"This is Watagash." Ocaj showed them a holographic picture of the parasite. The team had regrouped in the forest where they found Ocaj. Hanabi agreed to help Ocaj track down Watagash. There was no point in reporting the info back to the village. It had to stop here.

 It had to stop here

Ocaj continued. "It's strength depends on it's host. The more evil the host, the stronger Watagash gets. In fact, it amplifies the strength of the host too. Alone, Watagash is weak. Catch him in that form. A container of some sort would do just fine."

"Or a sealing jutsu..." added Hanabi. 

To the side, Sumire was breaking into a cold sweat. She hadn't been feeling too well since the scuffle. She had taken quite a bit of damage. 

Gohan took notice to his struggling comrade. "Are you ok Sumire?" 

Sumire smiled. She tried to look strong. "I'm ok. Don't worry about me." She didn't want to jeapordize the mission.

As the day dragged on the team continued to search the forest for Watagash. 

"My tracker says he's nearby but-- Come On! Earth has such bad signal," said Ocaj. The screen of the tracker was getting fuzzy.

Sumire fell to her knees. Everyone took notice. 

"Sumire!" Wasabi rushed to her side to help her up. Hanabi couldn't bear to see her student like this.

"You 4, I want you all to head back to the town," commanded Hanabi.

"No, I'm ok, really!" protested Sumire.

"It's safer for you all to be over there. I would hate to see Watagash harm any of you, especially you Sumire. Not in the condition you're in." 

"But what about you sensei?" asked Namida. 

"I'll be fine. As long as we have Ocaj's tracker, we'll be able to find it and keep it away. Just keep your eyes on the town." 

The students obeyed. They made their way back to the town. Sumire was in dire condition and was brought to the town's small hospital to recover.

***

Memories flashed by Sumire's mind as she lay on the hospital bed. Root, Danzo, her father, her mother...Something ignited within her. She missed the old days where her family was still happy. Sorrow, anger, vengeance. It all flowed through her mind. Why now? She thought she had overcome these feelings already. It was her father's wish for vengeance, but for some reason, it felt so right.

 It was her father's wish for vengeance, but for some reason, it felt so right