Konoha Memories: Night

Gohan made his way home. Training with Guy Sensei was hard! It had been a long time since Gohan had done a thousand kicks and punches. Without a teacher, he really did slack off on his training. This was probably why he was not getting any stronger. He was glad that Tsubaki told him to find a new method of training.

Regardless of the evening, the village of Konoha was still lively. The city lights illuminated the roads that Gohan followed, and the commerce in every store made it hard to not feel lonely. The time was approaching 7:00pm, and after an intense training session, Gohan was getting hungry. 

I guess a little snack won't hurt, thought Gohan. He entered the nearest convenience store. Hot buns were being sold at the front cashier...and so were Extreme Shinobi Picture Scrolls! Gohan was not expecting to meet anyone on his way home, but he saw Boruto looking at the Ninja Cards excitingly.

"You're here too, Boruto!" greeted Gohan. 

Boruto turned around and saw Gohan entering the store. He smiled at the sight of a friend. "Did you come for the Ninja Cards too?"

"No, I came for the food."

"You should definitely check these out," said Boruto. He handed Gohan a pack of cards. "Shikadai and Inojin are also playing. I think you should join us!"

Gohan looked at the pack of cards. Back at home he did not have friends to play these types of games with. "Well, how do you play?" he asked cheerfully.

 "Well, how do you play?" he asked cheerfully

***

Gohan and Boruto made it out of the store. 

"Alright, let see what we got!" Boruto jumped onto the bench across the street.

Gohan watched as Boruto carefully opened his pack of cards. The boy shuffled through them anxiously. To Gohan, the foil around the cards looked so shiny! Aside from their price, they looked quite precious. Collecting them did not sound so bad.

Boruto groaned. 

"What's wrong?" asked Gohan. "These are pretty cool cards!"

"No...I'm looking for the super rare one with Master Sasuke on it!" cried Boruto. 

"What's so special about that one?"

"It's disrespect if I don't have a card of my own master." Boruto pulled put his next pack of cards. "Are you not going to open your's?"

"Right!" Gohan pulled out a pack of cards from his bag. He was eager to see what he would get.

"Let's see! Let's see!" Boruto scooted closer to Gohan.

As Gohan pulled out the first card, the name Uchiha appeared.

"AHHH???!!!!" Boruto was about to burst from excitement.

However, Gohan removed his thumb from the first name. The name Fugaku Uchiha appeared. Boruto flopped down on the bench when he saw that it was not the card he wanted. 

Gohan smiled. "Looks like it's not Sasuke..." 

Boruto got back up again. He looked at the card closer. The man had brown hair and a few wrinkles by his mouth. "Hmm...I'm surprised that there's another Uchiha in the game. I wonder if Sasuke knows this guy." 

"It say's here that Fugaku was the head of the police force in the past." 

The two boys stared at each other in confusion as they tried to figure out who this man was. 

***

"Here take this." 

Boruto handed Gohan a dual popsicle

"Aw yeah, your the best Boruto!" The two boys had been mingling around for a good hour now. The night was rather humid, and Gohan was still hungry. He gladly grabbed the other half of the popsicle. Boruto pulled his half back to split the treat, but it slipped. 

SPLAT!

Gohan's half of the popsicle fell onto the floor. He frowned. He was really looking forward to the cold treat. "I guess we'll have to buy another one," said Gohan. He made his way back toward the store.

Boruto felt bad for ruining his friend's snack. He stopped Gohan. "Hang on a second!" He broke off a piece of the popsicle with his hand. He handed Gohan what was left on the stick. 

Gohan smiled and accepted the remains of Boruto's popsicle. They continued walking down the street. 

"It's really busy tonight isn't it?" commented Boruto.

"It's really peaceful," added Gohan. He pulled out the Fugaku Uchiha card and looked at it again. 

"Something wrong with the card?" asked Boruto. 

"We briefly covered this at the Academy, but just looking at this card reminds me of what happened to the Uchiha clan." 

"The Uchiha Massacre...I wonder what Master Sasuke thinks of it." 

Gohan felt his fingers tighten around the card. "What type of horrible person would kill a whole clan?" It reminded him of how many lives Cell had taken. During that time, they were lucky that the Dragon Balls could bring everyone to life. However, Konoha had no way to bring back the dead. Gohan did not want any of this to happen in the future, especially to his friends

"It must've been hard for the people living here in the past," said Boruto. "We're here fooling around while they must had been worrying about Shinobi Wars." 

"It really does make you appreciate what your dad's done, right Boruto?"

"Huh?" Boruto hesitated. "H-he's just a bum. I-I mean...he COULD do more." Boruto turned away, but for a quick moment, he remembered the Naruto that they met in the past. "But I guess even someone like him can change the world." There was a brief moment of silence as they reflected on what they had experienced in the past. "Hey Gohan, would you ever trust me to protect the village?" asked Boruto.

"Why do you ask?" 

"I know my dad is great and all... but I don't want to be like him. I want to be like Master Sasuke. Someone who is always out protecting Konoha from the real threats." 

"I think you can," answered Gohan. "But...you don't need to worry about that. Although I don't enjoy fighting, I think that I'm responsible for protecting everyone, after all, I'm the strongest one here." 

"Hey, don't get so cocky. Before you know it, I'm gonna be stronger than you!" boasted Boruto.