The Chunin Exams Stage 3: Gohan vs Shinki

It was the day of the semi-finals. The first match would be Gohan vs Shinki. Next, it would be Boruto vs Shikadai. The crowd had settled and the first match of the day was about to begin. In their box, the Kage were chatting.

"Son Gohan versus Shinki. How do you feel about your son in the finals lord Kazekage?" asked the Raikage.

"I've taught Shinki everything I know. He shouldn't lose," replied Gaara.

"That Son Gohan though is impressive to get this far and defeat Sasuke Uchiha's daughter...where's he from Hokage-sama?" asked the Mizukage.

"Gohan's not from around here. He was lost so the Hidden Leaf took him in. I'm just glad he turned out to be a hard-working shinobi," replied Naruto.

"Oh...you leaf ninja are so lucky this year. No Genin from the Land of Earth got to the semi-finals," complained the Tsuchikage.

"Well to be fair, Gohan's representing our alliance right? So it's good for all us!" said Naruto trying to cheer up the Tsuchikage.

"Still...he's from the Hidden Leaf..."

The Raikage laughed at the conversation.

***

Down back on the arena Gohan was getting ready for the match. Shinki stood in front of him coolly. 

Gohan tried to chat, "Let's have fun with this Shinki. May the best man win." He offered his hand out for a handshake.

Shinki glared at Gohan, "Do you have the power to oppose me...Son Gohan?"

Gohan looked at Shinki with surprise. Was it something I said?

Rock Lee walked up and announced the match.

"For the first semi-final match we will have Son Gohan of the Allied Shinobi Force versus Shinki of the Hidden Sand...Begin!"

Gohan got into his fighting stance. Shinki continued to stand in the same position. 

Huh? Shinki wasn't doing anything.

Let's get him riled up, thought Gohan. With immense speed, Gohan landed a hard punch on Shinki's face. 

Shinki was amazed at Gohan's speed. He had no time to react. The punch sent him tumbling back.

From the crowd Gohan heard Iwabe cheering, "Yea! Get him Gohan!"

"Dang it," said Shinki under his breath. He shot pellets of sand toward Gohan.

 He shot pellets of sand toward Gohan

The pellets came fast. Gohan flipped out of the way. He returned fire with a ki blast barrage.

 He returned fire with a ki blast barrage