The Otsutsuki Invasion

Gohan walked off the fighting arena. As Gohan made his way back down to the waiting room, Boruto and Shikadai were coming up. 

"Nice match out there Gohan. You showed some pretty impressive feats," said Shikadai.

"Thanks!" replied Gohan.

"We'll see how well your skills will do against me when we fight in the finals Gohan," teased Boruto.

"Hey! Who said I'd let you win!" said Shikadai.

"Heehee!"

"You two just focus on the fight. You can worry about facing me once one of you win," said Gohan trying to cool the situation.

"Well, we better get going if we don't wanna be late for our match," said Shikadai.

Gohan gave a thumbs up, "Good luck to both of you guys!"

The boys departed.

***

The waiting room was empty. At the beginning of the exams, it was filled with all his friends. Now only Gohan sat in there. He could have gone to sit in the bleachers, but he wanted to rest a bit before seeing his friends. Besides, he could watch the match on the T.V.

The match began. 

Boruto and Shikadai first squared off in a kunai knife fight. For the time being, it looked like Boruto had the upper hand. Boruto had wanted to end the fight before Shikadai used the Shadow Paralysis jutsu, but he couldn't. Shikadai eventually chased Boruto around the arena with his shadows. At the climax of the fight, Boruto charged Shikadai with his Gale Palm, but Shikadai caught him in a circular shadow! The match was about to be over until Boruto released multiple shadow clones surrounding Shikadai. 

Shikadai forfeited

Shikadai forfeited. Impressive! Gohan thought that Boruto could only produce 4 shadow clones. It looks like he had been training hard with Sasuke after all.

"The winner is Uzamaki Boruto of The Hidden Leaf!" The crowd cheered. It looked like Gohan would be facing Boruto in the finals, just like Sarada said.

Boruto waved to the cheering crowd. The Hokage jumped down to congratulate his son. 

...

Naruto grabbed Boruto's arm. Beneath his sleeve revealed a device. 

"This is prohibited in the Chunin Exams. Using a ninja tool instead of your own chakra defeats the purpose of the Chunin Exams which is to nurture new shinobi. "

He took off Boruto's headband.

Boruto stared with wide eyes.

"Wait...Boruto you mean...You cheated in the fight against me?" asked Shikadai.

"No...it's not what it looks like..." said Boruto weakly.

Gohan was surprised at what he saw on the T.V. Boruto cheating?