Konoha Memories: The Samurai Exchange Student

Alright...this arc is going to be a slice-of-life arc (hopefully a good one). Gohan chose to stay in Konoha and I want to show why. I also want to include the Naruto/Boruto characters in the story more. It will be really good for building character relationships. I call it "Konoha Memories." There will be important plot points dropped in this arc, so please do read it. I hope you enjoy it. I think this arc will be fun. If not, don't worry, the final arc after this will be AWESOME!!!

It had been a week since Gohan had time traveled. There was still no sign of Trunks. It was unfortunate that Gohan lost his oppurtunity to go home. At the same time, he was glad that Trunks did not arrive yet. He did not feel ready to leave yet. 

Gohan made his way through the forest. Today, Sumire had officially joined the new Scientific Ninja Weapons team. Gohan thought that he was going to replace her in team 15, but there was no official recognition yet. He had to talk with Hanabi Sensei about this.

Gohan emerged out of the forest to an open field. 

"Gohan? What are you doing here?" asked Hanabi sensei

Gohan noticed a girl standing to the side of Hanabi. 

He quickly shifted his attention back to Hanabi

He quickly shifted his attention back to Hanabi. "I just had a few questions."

"What is it?"

"Well, Sumire told me that she was leaving and that I was going to join team 15 in her place, but no one else has told me about this so...am I a part of the group?"

"Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding Gohan," said Hanabi. "Having you join was the original plan. However, I know that you like the freedom of your current position, so we had another student join team 15 instead." 

Gohan smiled. He did like that he was able to work with multiple teams instead of just one. "Thanks Hanabi Sensei!" Gohan looked over to the girl standing to the side. "Is she the new student?" 

"Yep!" 

Gohan waved towards the new student.

From under her hat, Tsubaki peered at the boy who emerged from the forest. He must have been another worthless shinobi. However, Tsubaki couldn't help but notice how interesting this boy looked. Butterflies were flying in her stomach. She was feeling a little nervous to meet him. Was this boy part of her new group?