The Will to Fight

"Gohan!" cried Boruto

"Gohan!" cried Boruto. He saw his friend crashing into a structure of rocks. He didn't come back.

"Looks like you're all alone now, human child," said Urashiki.

Boruto struggled to get up. He looked around. Gohan and his teammates and Shinki were defeated. There was no way he was going to get out of this situation now. Boruto's chakra was depleted. He looked at the Otsutsuki in fear.

"Come on! Do you still want to fight?" provoked Urashiki.

Boruto gritted his teeth. "Grrraaahh!" He ran clumsily over to Urashiki. SLAP!

Boruto fell over into the sand.

"Now do you understand human? You shinobi are just cows among us gods. You don't deserve the power of chakra."

Boruto tried getting up again but his body hurt too much. He laid on the ground helpless. He felt a something wet under his eye. Was he crying? Why was he so weak? He was scared for what would happen next, the end of his life? Torture? How would Urashiki use him? There was no way Boruto could win.

"Now, come here child, I'll need you to capture the Tailed Beasts." Urashiki began walking over towards Boruto.

***

A cool song to listen to as you read!!! (I do not own this video) Enjoy!

Gohan could hear Urashiki tossing Boruto around.

Gohan tried to get up, but his body had quit on him. That blast inflicted a lot of damage. He couldn't even open his eyes. Was this it? Was this the end?

I'm sorry everyone... Gohan thought of Boruto, his teammates, the rest of his Konoha friends, his mom, Goten... He let them down.

Don't be weak!There's a great power sleeping inside of you. Use it, rely on it. Face your fears.

Piccolo's voice echoed through Gohan's mind. There was something in Gohan that wouldn't give up yet.

Goku had always told Gohan that he had the most potential out of all the Z fighters. However, what cost did that power come at? Against Cell, it was Gohan's fault that his father died. That power was dangerous. He never wanted to hurt someone he cared for.

Back then, he was just a helpless boy. He was raised to become a fighter. All of it was to make him stronger, to protect his friends.

Even so, against the saiyans, Freiza, Cell, Gohan had always let his friends down in a fight. 

Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.

Gohan wanted...no, needed to protect his friends. He wasn't going to mess up this time.