Part 1 chapter 4

A week later 434 BC

Today is the day of my mother's funeral, the day I've been regretting. I haven't talked to my father since he killed her. He's telling people that she killed herself and they are believing every bullshit lie that comes out of his mouth. He also told me that I'm not to cry today and if I do I would suffer the consequences, he says it will make our family look weak. Jordon arrived after me and held my hand tightly, we had hooked up a few more times since last week but I don't think I'm really ready for a relationship right now.

The ceremony had started and the preacher had started saying prayers and I have to admit it was a lovely ceremony. I saw Christopher at the back of the church, although he didn't speak to me I could see the look in his eyes. Regret maybe, who knows. My father also told my brother that Christopher killed her and that he wasn't to be trusted, that lie hurt a little. We went home and didn't speak a word to each other until dinner time. "Madison after dinner I would like to speak to you in my office." Was the only thing my father said.

I cleared the table and washed the dishes. Heading to my dads office I thought about all the things he would want to speak about, maybe not telling people the truth about my mother, or the fact that I'm a hybrid or maybe even jordon who knows. I knock on his door and I can automatically see a whiskey bottle, "this isn't going to be fun." I thought to myself. "Madison sit now." I did as he asked and sat down opposite him. "Your brother doesn't know about Christopher being your father, keep it that way. Jordon can't stay here anymore, we're not a charity house." He said without even hesitating or taking a breath. "And lastly your going to be going to a boarding school, you can go now" I didn't know what to say so I just stood up and left.

I walked to Jordons room and knocked on the door. "Come in." I heard from the other side. I give him a warm smile and sit down beside him. "What did your dad want to talk to you about?" He asks. I don't want to tell him that he has to leave but if I don't my dad will and that won't be good for either of us. "Umm well funny story...... you can't stay here anymore, I'm so sorry but my dad says we aren't charity workers and that you just can't." He looks sad yet terrified, probably because he has no where else to go. "I understand, i have over stayed my stay." I leaned over and hugged him "well at least your not the only one leaving." I awkwardly laughed, he looked at me confused. "He's sending me away to boarding school" he gave me a comforting smile and our lips met, the kiss was different, all the other times we kissed it was magical and warm but when we kissed it felt cold and almost like the magic had disappeared.

I left him to pack his things that we let him keep and I headed to my room to pack. I grew up here and to think that I was going to have to leave it for who knows how long it sucked and I almost felt like crying but if my father saw me crying it wouldn't end well for me so I sucked it up. I entered my brothers room to see him for one last time before I left, " I'm going to miss you." I managed to say without balling my eyes out. "I'm going to miss you too." He said his voice breaking as he did.

A car pulled up and my father didn't say anything just nodded at me and then whispered something in the drivers ear. I couldn't hear anything that they said but it almost looked like he chanted something. The journey up wasn't too bad, it was quiet and a long journey but something about it comforted her. The building they arrived at looked like some broken down warehouse, it was strange, like something you would hear in a horror story. The man opened the door for her and escorted her into the building where she met a tall man, he was slim and pail and had a bald head, he was wearing a lab coat and looked like some crazy scientist.

"Madison, hello we've been expecting you, how was the journey up?" He asked in a quiet voice. "It was alright, if you don't mind me asking what kind of school is this?" He shifted in discomfort at her question but answered anyway "it's a science school, I think you'll enjoy it very much." He nodded to the man and without another word it went black everything was dark.

A/n

Sorry I know this chapter is kind of short but I wanted to leave the juicy part to next chapter.
What do you think about Madison and jordon leaving each other and also boarding school 😳
I didn't know how to do the whole turning into a hybrid concept but this seemed like the best way, it was either this or her getting kidnapped and other stuff

Also if you enjoyed this chapter please consider leaving a vote.
And also please don't be harsh on me I honestly have no idea what I'm doing but I think I'll get the hang of it eventually.