Part 2 chapter 12

The next day. 1944 (I think it's either 44 or 45)

The rest of the men that were on the mission with us brought in Arnim zola. Hydras biggest scientist. The colonel went in to interrogate zola, or so I think that's what he's doing to do. I decided to not be on the other side of the glass, because if I was I would get so mad that I would jump through and rip zolas head off of his shoulders. Bucky sacrificed his life so we could capture zola.

Steve went off somewhere and I didn't bother following him. I'm mad and sad and I just want to be alone. I loved Bucky. And now, we'll now he's gone and I can't ever tell him how much I love him. And it's all hydras fault.

I've had a while to think to myself, I've been thinking about what I will do after the war is over. I want to be an agent or a detective. Something that will allow me to help protect people. Who knows maybe Steve might want to join me. I doubt it but maybe. And so and agent I will be. I will go on undercover missions and help make the world a better place.

We were back at London. Steve went off, to the bar we were at a few months I think. Peggy a little while later went there. London was bombed a few days ago and it's in a terrible state. I decide to take a little visit to my old house, since we are close by it.

After a little walk I make it. It's no longer my house. It's a new house, a lot bigger and stronger. It's no longer a stone colour, it's white and the garden, its beautiful. I wish I still lived here. But then I remember all the terrible things that happened in that house. My mother was killed, my father abused me. I had to leave the first ever person I loved and I lost my sister in that house. I sigh and turn around, making my way back into the town.

On my way back I walk towards a shop and see little Captain America bears and I see little soldiers beside him. A tear falls down my face when I think about Bucky, eventually more and more tears escape my eyes and now sobs are coming out and I feel my legs go like jelly. I walk towards the bench and but my head in my hands. Crying uncontrollably now. Bucky is gone, he's really gone and I feel empty inside. Bucky helped me, brought happiness back into my heart again. He was my light at the end of the tunnel.

I finally make it to the bar and I see Steve and Peggy in there. I decide to let them chat, while I sit on a bench outside the bar, which I was surprised that it wasn't destroyed. I decide not to listen to Steve and Peggy's conversation.

Once I hear it go quiet I walk into the bar, Steve turns around and gets up, walking over to me and embraces me in his arms. I start crying again, this time not as bad but enough for Steve to notice. He pulls me away and wipes away my tears. "We're going to make him pay." I nod. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch him, If only I had noticed a few seconds earlier, then I would have been able to catch him." Steve shakes him head at my comment. "Don't blame yourself." I scoff. "Then who do I blame Steve." "Me" "Steve, no, there was no way you could have saved him without killing yourself with him." "I could have tried harder." "No" I look up at him and shake my head. "We can't sit around and blame ourselves, we have to go out there and fight. For Bucky." He nods. "For Bucky."

It's been a little while and we are all in a meeting. Before hand I was with Howard looking at some of hydras weapons and catching up with him and I have to admit hydras technology is well let's just say, extraordinary. "Johann Schmidt belongs in a bug house. He thinks he's a god, and he's willing to blow up half the world to prove it, starting with the USA." I notice Howard walk in. "Schmidt's working with powers beyond out capabilities. He gets across the Atlantic, he will wipe out the entire Eastern seaboard in an hour." I look around and then at my notebook, I raise my hand and Phillips looks over at me. "Montgomery you got something to say." I nod. I stand up. "I've been doing my Own research over the little time I've had and I remembered something from when I was captured by hydra all those many years ago. What I remembered was that hydra was talking about some secret weapon they had, it's what they used to give me my powers and it's what they will use again to make super-weapons." I had drawn up a photo of what this powerful weapon looked liked. "This is called the tesseract, within it holds the power of the space stone, a very powerful gem that could wipe out a whole planet if you wanted it too. If hydra has this, we could all potentially already be dead." I finish my sentence and Phillips walks up beside me. "Are you sure?" I nod. "This things radiates gamma radiation, I know a thing or two about gamma, so yes I'm sure." He nods and I sit back down again. Gabe Jones speaks up. "How much time we got?" It's hydra they don't take anything slow. "According to my new best friend, under 24 hours." I scoff, how the hell are we going to prepare in that much time. Another man speaks up. "Where is he now?" Another great question, I'm also confused as to why Phillips is even considering having zola give us any information, if anything I think he's going to betray us, that's what all hydra people do. "Hydras last base is here." He points at a picture. "In the alps, 500 feet below the surface." Morita picks up a photo that Phillips just threw on the table. "So what are we supposed to do? I mean it's not like we can just knock on the front door." I mean we can but it wouldn't be easy. "Why not?" I look down at Steve and we make eye contact. "That's exactly what we're going to do." I smirk.

A/N

I know this chapter is kind of boring but there is only a few more chapters left until we meet Natasha. Also in this chapter I set up how Natasha and Madison meet, I don't know if you spotted it or noticed it but if you didn't congrats.

Also if you enjoyed this chapter please consider voting.

Thanks for reading. <3