Part 2 chapter 10

The next morning. December 1943 (I think it's December)

I wake up in a long t-shirt, I don't remember how I got into it but I did. I get up and assumed to have a massive headache but I didn't, I was almost fine. I look at the time and see it's 7am, I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower.

Once finished I get changed into my army uniform and fix my hair. I remember most of what happened last night, so that's not too bad. I walk over to a little coffee shop that was across the street from where i was staying and I grabbed a coffee and a scone.

I approach the building and see Steve. I send him a smile. He walks up to the blonde lady, whilst I grab a file I had been working at lately. "Excuse me. I'm looking for Mr. Stark." I overhear Steve say to the woman. "He's in with colonel Phillips." Steve nods and looks around weirdly. "Of course your welcome to wait." Steve smiles and points to the desk. I laugh a little, I swear he's so adorable. The blonde girl turns to him. "I uh, I read about what you did." She holds up her newspaper. "Oh... the... yeah.." Steve smirks, It was kind of weird, I read of the newspaper and not once was I mentioned, which sucks. "Well that's you know. Just doing what needed to be done." Steve finishes his sentence. "Sounded like more than that, you saved nearly 400 men." There's something odd about this woman. I move my chair over to I can see what they are both doing. "Really it's not a big deal." Does Steve know that this woman is flirting with him. The woman gets up from her seat. "Tell that to their wives." She walks over to them and I can Steve's whole expression change. "Uh.. I don't think they were all married." They are now standing face to face and my eyes widen with amusement. "Your a hero." The woman states. "Well that depends on the definition really." For god sake Steve don't do it, you like Steve don't. "The women of America, they owe you their thanks." She grabs his tie. I see her look around and I pretend I'm doing my paperwork. "And seeing as they're not here..." she pulls him behind a file stand. She pulls him in for a kiss and my eyes widen and then I see Peggy come around the corner and I want to warn him but it's too late. She looks hurt at what's she's seeing and also furious, she looks back at me and I give her a sympathetic smile. "Captain!" I stand to my feet and walk over. Trying not to laugh. "We're ready for you if you not otherwise occupied." She walks away and he very quickly follows her. "Agent Carter, wait." She walks with her hands on her hips. "Looks like funding a partner wasn't that hard after all." I trail behind them, like a third wheel, awkwardly. "Peggy, that's not what you thought it was." I fixes his tie. "I don't think anything, Captain, not one thing. You always wanted to be a soldier and now you are, just like all the rest of them." This conversation is getting very heated and I don't know if I want to be apart of it or not. "Well what about you and stark? How do I know you two haven't ben foundue-ing?" When I tell you I burst into laughter it's an understatement, I'm laughing hysterically. I stop when I see everyone staring at me like I'm a mad woman. "Steve, you still don't know a bloody thing about women." Peggy walks away and I pat his back.

We walked to lab with Howard. "Fondue is just cheese and bread, my friend." I can't believe Steve didn't know. "Really? I think..." "nor should you, pal. The moment you thing you know what's going on in a woman's head is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked. No offense Maddison." I hold up my hands. "It's okay, I agree, a lot of women are very hard to decipher." Stark continues with his conversation. "Yeah what she said. Me, I concentrate on work, which at the moment is about making sure you and your men do not get killed. Carbon polymer. Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although hydras not going to attack you with a pocket knife. I hear you're kind of attached." Howard taps on Steve's shield. "It's handier than you might think." "I took the liberty of coming up with some options." I look over to see the other shields, none of them seem to be Steve's type. "This ones fun, she's been fitted with electrical relays that allow you to.." I see Steve looking down at the floor and then I see he's looking at the shield that is made from the worlds strongest metal, vibranium. It's all they have in the world and they use it to make a frisbee. "What about this one?" He bends down and picks it up. "No, no, that ones just a prototype." "What's it made from?" Howard is about to answer but I cut him off. "Vibranium. It's stronger than steel and a third it's weigh. It's completely vibration absorbent." Steve flips it around and straps it on to his arm "how come it's not a standard issue." I chuckle slightly. "That's the rarest metal on Earth. What your holding there, that's all we got." Just when I was about to say something Peggy walks in. "You quite finished my stark? I'm sure the captain has some unfinished business." Steve holds up his shield and smiles proudly. "What do you think?" Without even a second to think Peggy holds up a gun and fires 4 bullets at Steve, luckily he ducked behind his shield. I'm left speechless. Peggy Carter is in fact a crazy bitch. Steve looks out from behind his Shield frightened, me too steve, me too. "Yes, I think it's works." She sets down her gun and walks past us. Howard walks up to Steve and I, still in a haze from what just happened. "I had some ideas about the uniform." Steve hands Howard a piece of paper as neither of us take out eyes off Peggy. "Whatever you want pal."

A/N

next chapter is going to have a little time jump, you'll get like glimpse of them taking infiltrating hydra bases but that's really it. Also Peggy and Steve. 😏. Some people hate their relationship, I don't mind it, I just didn't like Steve's ending, but I'm happy he's happy.

If you enjoyed this chapter please consider voting.

Thanks for reading <3