Part 3 chapter 3

The next morning. January 2000. The red room academy.

Blood
Screams
Fear

I wake up sweating and panting. I had a nightmare great. I hadn't had a nightmare in years so I'm confused as to why I'm having them now. I look up at the tiny clock on the wall. 6:30, the guards will be here any minute to uncuff me and yelena. I start training today, maybe it will do me some good. I wonder how Steve is doing, mr fury told me that if he woke up or had any changes he would contact me.

As suspected a guard came in around 10 minutes later to uncuff us. I got up and changed and sat down. This place is weird, I can't explain it. Once Yelena was up and ready we made our way down to the cafeteria. We were earlier than usual and when we made it in line I noticed Jessie coming up beside me. "I heard you start training today." I nod. "Good luck." I turn around to her. "Thanks." I smile at her. I grab my tray and they put nice food on it again. I look at them confused again, I thought it would be a one time thing. I walk over to yelena and swap out trays, giving her the good food and I take the slop. "You can't keep giving me your food." I chuckle. "The hell I can." She smiles at me. "Anyway, I grew up on this stuff. I don't mind it." She nods. "Where are you from anyway?" I have a back story, no one can i actually am. "I'm from Brooklyn." She nods. "That's very far from here." I smirk. "Yeah." We sit there and eat, asking each other questions, getting to know one another. I'm about to get up to bring my tray over to the stand where all the dirty ones go, when it slams back on the table. I look up and see the girl from yesterday, she has a bump on her head and a few cuts around her face. "Look who it is. It's the girl who beat the taskmaster. Just because you beat him doesn't mean you get credit around here. We are the cool ones and you well your nothing more than a skank who thinks she can come in here and take whatever she wants. Well you can't, so go back to where ever the hell you came from because we don't want you." I look up at her and nod. "Look, I have no idea why you hate me so much, is it because I beat you yesterday? Because if it is, I'm sorry." She laughs as one of her friends walk over to us and hands her a glass of some juice. Before I could do or say anything, she dumped it over me and walks away. I walk off to the restroom and try to get the gunk out of my hair.

After a few minutes I hear the door open and I assume it's the girls again. "Look I don't want any-" I look up and see Jessie. "Oh it's you, sorry." She walks over to me and stands infront of me. "Why didn't you fight back?" I shake my head. "There're not worth it, I can't fight every person who bothers me, if I did well that would be a lot of people." She gives me a sympathetic smile. "You know people are saying how we should be enemies." I give her a confused look. "And whys that?" She smirks. "Because we are the 2 best people in here." I nod. "Well from what I've heard your really good, so you should have no problem." Her smirk grows bigger. I turn off the tap and look in the mirror. "Your roommates yelena right?" I turn around. "Yeah?" Yelena didn't mention that she really knew Jessie so i don't know. "She's my sister." I look at her shocked. "We'll not my real family but she's some what of my family." I nod. "She never really mentioned you." She scoffs. "We aren't as close anymore." I look down. "I'm sorry." She shakes her head. "It's ok. So do you have any siblings?" I nod. "I have a brother." She smiles. "Yeah?" I nod. She grabs a cloth and wipes stuff off my face. " thanks." I smile at her. She shakes her head. "Well I should probably get going, training starts in 10 minutes." I look into her  eyes. Her deep green eyes. "Yeah, I should probably go too, yelena will probably be worried." She looks at me as if she remembered something. "I think it's really sweet what you do for her." I give her another confused look. "Give her your good food that the cooks give you." I shake my head and smile. "Well I don't mind, she deserves a good meal." She smirks. "Well see you." I nod. "See ya." I do a little salute and she laughs.

After a few minutes I walk back out to yelena. A few people glance at me but not as many as I thought would. I don't see Jessie anywhere so I assume she's away to training. "Hey, I was wondering what you were doing." I sit down across from her. "Yeah sorry, I was trying to get that gunk off my face and hair." She does a slight nod. "What did Natalia say to you?" I look at her confused, why was she concerned about what she says. "She was just asking why I didn't fight back and how people are saying we should be enemies." She nods again. "Anything else." I look around. "Oh and that you two are freaking sisters." She sighs at me. "We're not actually related, it is a system that they do, so we are sort of like an adoptive family." I smirk and nod. "Why didn't you mention that you were sisters." She shakes her head. "It's complicated." I nod, respecting her privacy, asking no further questions. "We should go to training, it'll be tough for you so just stay focused and determined." I nod, "thanks."

A/N

I'm saving the training for next chapter, Idk if you guys like this story or not but I'm going to continue with it. Also thank you for over 1k views. I'm so grateful.

Also if you enjoyed this chapter please consider voting.

Thanks for reading. <3