36. Cursus Tempus ~ {Racing Time}

Scott stepped out of the portal with a purpose. He looked to his right at Evelyn and then to his left at Caspian before he uttered.

"We need to pull the teams back and re-focus. That little shit Mar took off from the council chambers in a big hurry. I think we need to send teams out to all properties he's affiliated with immediately." Scott was walking slowly toward the house with Evelyn and Caspian just behind him. 

A car pulled up in front of the driveway and stopped just in front of Scott. The window rolled down and Jacob was extending a vial of potion up in the air. 

"I got it! Fresh from Avia. Let's give it a go!" He was almost exuberant, knowing this could help the search.

Scott and Caspian both turned to Evelyn as she stepped forward to take the vial from Jacob and hurried toward the house.

"This is perfect! We were waiting on this potion. Come in, let's go into the office this needs to be a private conversation. GREEEEG! It's here!" Evelyn called down the hallway as she walked toward the office.

Caspian took a seat on a sofa while Scott sat in Seb's chair behind the desk. Evelyn sat with Caspian as they watched Greg and Marny hurry into the office.

"Close that door will you please, Marny?" Evelyn asked with a cautious smile. Once the door was closed she began to speak. "Delilah made a possession potion for us."

There was a chorus of gasps from the people in the room, but one of the men did not gasp. It was then that Marny realized Greg didn't seem surprised.

"What are you intending to do with that Evelyn? You know that possession is illegal for witches. Why would Delilah be so careless?" Scott asked curiously while Caspian watched the occupants of the office.

"It's not Evelyn that will do anything with it. It's me. I will take it." Greg announced as he looked to Scott and then over his shoulder to Marny.

"But Greg, can you do that?" Marny asked with confusion.

"That actually will work!" Caspian chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Evelyn and pulled her in closer. "What a good idea my little, crafty, witch." He cooed at Evelyn as she blushed.

"It was actually Greg's idea, but we can get into that later."

"I don't understand, how is this going to work? You just said that possession was illegal? How will we avoid prosecution?" Marny asked as she looked around, she was clearly missing something.

"Possession is illegal Marny, for witches. Greg is not a witch. He's not head of a pack anymore so he can't be brought up before the wolves council. If we are careful about this, no one will find out anyway. Let's do this, we have no time to waste." Scott was thinking of how viciously worried Mar looked when he left chambers.

Greg stood and leaned to the couch to take the vial from Evelyn. 

"I just drink it right?" He didn't wait for instructions. He pulled the cork and downed the potion in one long gulp. He was surprised that it tasted like some kind of cordial. It didn't take two seconds after that thought before he realized he wasn't feeling the same. He thought of Ruby as Delilah had instructed him. He focused on her mind, her smile, and her heart. Without warning a wooshing sound was heard as well as felt and he realized he was no longer in the office.

Greg felt crowded but he could also feel he was on a bed. His stomach cramped hard and he grunted with the pain of it. He held his stomach and slowly stood from the bed. He looked down and saw Ruby's feet instead of his own. It took some doing with the cramping but he managed to walk over to the door. He tried turning the knob and realized it was locked.