44. Clandestina Communicatio ~ {Clandestine Communication}

The amulet was heavy in his pocket as he closed the door to the temple. He locked it from within. He'd already sent the last guard away and now it was his turn to keep watch over the trespassing witch. The body thief. Caspian's lip curled as he walked toward the cell. He could hear that the body was sleeping. At least the witch allowed Ruby that. Her body had just lost her first pup. Caspian couldn't imagine the grief she was feeling. Being locked behind another witches consciousness wasn't something he wanted for his daughter-in-law. So he came to remedy it.

He opened the cell and stepped within. He locked himself inside with Ruby's body, waiting for Genevieve to come to life. He tried to maintain his anger, but Ruby looked so frail still. He wanted to comfort her. He had yet to meet her in person.

She stirred as he watched. He left the amulet in his pocket as both arms lay loose at his sides. He did not come unprepared. Though the witch could not cast within the cell, there was nothing preventing him from using his magic. 

"Are you a peeping twin? Or are you here to question me?" Genevieve had awoken. She moved languidly while her eyes were fixed to Caspian. Her eyes roamed over his physical attributes while he scowled in return.

"Stop that. You are in my daughter's body, it's disgusting to look at me that way." Caspian was firm. He had read a few of this woman's journals. He knew what she was capable of. Or so he believed.

"You don't enjoy this body? I must say, it is rather nice to feel exactly like a young version of myself again." Genevieve moved her hands over her curves and then rubbed her abdomen softly. "Though I was never so thin as this."

"What do you mean? You feel like yourself exactly?" Caspian asked. He already knew but he wanted confirmation from the mouth of the involved.

"Didn't you know? This body is my doppel! I don't know how it was arranged to happen, perhaps part of the curse that was created but I am glad to be in it. I feel free, renewed. Refreshed." Genevieve tilted her face up as she spoke the last few words. Her lips forming them like kisses upon air. She winked at Caspian as he kept his scowl.

"So you do know who brought you back." Caspian stated more than asked. He folded his arms over his chest. The effect bulged out the muscles and attracted Genevieves attention even more. She looked at him like he was water, and she'd just been rescued from the deserts of Sahara.

"Stop looking at me like that." He ordered.

"Why don't you like it? Surely you wouldn't mind a little, singular, attention? Someone you don't have to, share?" Genevieve laid it out like the poison it was. She meant to hit where she thought it hurt the worst.

Caspian's heart rate didn't even fluctuate. He smiled at her and shook his head slowly. "You couldn't hold a candle to my Evie, not on your best day. Certainly not while you are in my Daughter-in-laws body. Will you tell me who we are looking for or do I need to torture you?"

Caspian asked the question as nicely as someone might offer tea.

"No torture needed." Genevieve looked disapointed but she was impressed she couldn't sway the man. "You do know I was cared for by the Marquis. When he found a man to replace him in the jails, he had himself turned. He's aligned with magic that I do not understand or know." Genevieve sounded legitimately sad about that statement.

"How can a vampire bring a soul back from the nether?" Caspian didn't give Genevieve a chance to think before his next question was thrown at her past his curled lips. His distaste for vampires seen.

"By posessing the body of a powerful witch. One just like yourself, with the power to take the magic from others." Genevieve smile as she revealed she knew exactly what Caspian is.