17. Resumptionem ~ {Reunited}

Sleep enrobed Ruby for another hour before Evelyn Brose sent Ryan to wake her. It was time to dress for dinner. 

As Ryan entered Ruby's room he had to step out of the way to let one of the maids out. Judging from the clothes laid out for dinner, the maid had just finished putting away Ruby's things. Ryan knelt beside the bed where Ruby was sleeping, his hand cupping palm over her cheek. He closed his eyes and the current of tingling and pleasurable sensations rose from their connection, through his arm, and then melted fluidly into the rest of his body. 

He couldn't believe that something that was so normal in their world, could feel so extraordinary.

Ruby inhaled more deeply than she had at last breath. Something was waking her. She could feel the warm movement through her body, originating from her cheek. She wondered if she was turned around, was she laying on her cheek? She tried to nestle into Ryan's palm as though it were a pillow. Then a sharp inhale had her opening her eyes in a flash.

"Ryan." She could smell him. She reached her hand up to her cheek, covering his hand with her own. As the shocks hit her hand and jumped up her arm she pulled her hand back quickly. She couldn't stop the gasp that resulted. Ryan looked at her with worry. 

"Is something wrong, Ruby?" He asked as he pulled his hand back slowly. leaving it on the bed but it was off of her body now.

"No, I think my hand was asleep, it was all pins and needles, tingly." Ruby tried to brush it off but put her hand over his again. She felt it once more but she did not pull her hand back this time. She let it resonate in her flesh and move through her body. This sensation she knew she was not supposed to be feeling yet.

"Did I miss dinner?" Ruby asked as she sat up slowly. Her belly was growling and it caused Ryan to smirk. 

"No. Mum sent me up to tell you to dress for dinner. She has your dress laid out." Ryan gestured to the armoire, where an outfit was hung on the door.

"I should shower, I'm all sweaty from the trip." Ruby wiggled to sit on the edge of the bed while Ryan still knelt beside it. He was staring. "You look like, you missed me," Ruby spoke softly as she leaned forward and pressed her forehead to his.

Ryan lifted his hands to cup her face, then stood slowly, pulling her to stand with him. "I really did. Hug?" He asked as he opened his arms.

Ruby nodded and stepped a little bit forward. She pulled her arms up to let them wrap about him loosely. He closed his arms about her, awkwardly at first. When Ruby lifted her eyes to his she saw them flash and with a jolt she was pressed tightly to him. 

"Very happy mate is here." Ryan growled in a low tone. His hands were wrapped tightly about Ruby where they landed on her slender body. Ruby realized this was probably not Ryan.

"Hi, Ryan's wolf? I'm happy to be here too. Can I see Ryan again?" Ruby asked politely as she was held very tightly.

"Not Ryan's wolf, have name, mate knows name?" Ryan's face was so close to hers, he kept dipping his head to her neck and inhaling deeply. Ruby could feel every part of Ryan pressed to her.

"I don't know your name, will you tell me, please?" Ruby was still trying to be polite, she didn't want to further complicate the situation.

"Beau, my name is Beau." Ryan's wolf grumbled as he still sniffed at Ruby's neck and hair. Ruby let him continue to paw her for a minute more before she cupped his face again.

"Beau? It's time for Ryan to come back to Ruby. You will see Heart soon, and then you can play. I promise." Ruby ran her hand through Ryan's hair to appease Beau.