43. Et Altius Ire ~ {And Deeper We Go}

A group gathered behind them while Seb carried the incapacitated Mabe to his office. Once within, he laid her on his sofa, arranging her to be comfortable. He left the magical cuffs on her wrists. Seb took pants he had folded on a shelf in his office closet and dressed. He took stock of the group that had gathered before he nodded that the door could be closed. 

"This will be an official transcript, Evelyn if you could take minutes please? I'd appreciate it. This meeting has been called to order. We are here to discuss developments that require questioning  of Kieran Moore and Mabe, surname unknown. Let it be known that the meeting was begun with Mabe unconscious. She had a panic attack and fainted but is currently breathing well unaided.  I'm certain she will regain consciousness when she's ready."

Kieran sat before Seb's desk, nearest to the couch so he could keep an eye on Mabe. Evelyn took a seat on the other side of the table that was before the couch. She held her tablet for taking minutes.

Caspian and Scott both remained standing. One near to the couch, the other by the door. Caspian looked much less concerned that Scott. 

"Kieran, can you think of anyone else that should be in this meeting?" Seb asked as he kept his gaze fiercely fixed upon Mabe. He felt himself regretting the cuffs and thinking they weren't needed.

"Other than Ruby, no Alpha." Kieran rested his arms on the chair arms, he was keeping himself as calm as possible. His heart raced and Brother decided to comfort him. Calm down, he will think we are guilty of something. He ordered Kieran in thoughts. Kieran shook his head and huffed, then leveled his breathing. Bossy-ass wolf.

"Well, that's understandable.  Let it be known that Ruby is currently compromised and can not join. I have called this meeting because we were attacked. I'm assuming those were the men Mabe told us about. For the record, they appeared to be human, but I have never seen this kind of magic. They were literal meat sacks. No blood, no scent, and no organs. We need to know what this Abigor intends with the army he's building. More importantly, why does he want Mabe back so badly?"

The green haired woman laying on Seb's sofa was stared at relentlessly by him. This did not go unnoticed by his brothers and Evelyn Brose. Evelyn Brose noticed everythin. As Mabe began to move, so did Seb. He was at her side from behind his desk in a moment. His hands carefully gentle as they gripped about her waist and back. He adjusted her to rest against the arm of the couch as she roused.

"Wha happend?" Mabe uttered as her eyes opened to find Seb's fierce hazel gaze meeting hers. She lifted her arms then and showed Seb the cuffs about her wrists as tears rolled suddenly from her eyes and trailed messily down her pale cheeks. "Oh it's this!" Mabe's tearful whispered words were instantly panicked. "I swear it. I'm not a threat. I'll tell ya everthing and anything I know. Please. Please handsome man. Can I get them off?" Mabe cajoled and whined, pleading her case between sniffles and sobs. She held her arms up showing him the cuffs the entire time.

Seb couldn't stop the guilty expression. His face refused to stay plain and stern. He'd never felt a tug at his chest like this before. He grunted against it, feigning indifference when his hand was moving without thought to cup Mabe's cheek, his wide thumb wiping at some of her tears. He didn't realize how close to her he had moved.

"Swear you will do no harm to this coven and I will release you." Seb words were gruff but softly spoken. He kept his hand cupped to her face as he kept his gaze to her eyes. Mabe's irises seemed to swirl with storms.

"I swear it. I mean no harm ta anyone. Truly." Mabe tried to control her trembling. The restraint made it impossible. But his hand on her face helped. She felt a warmth that transcended just the skin to skin contact.