26. Nostri Nuptiae ~ {Our Wedding Day}

There wasn't much sleep had between the new lovers. Even though her body ached in ways she'd never thought imaginable, Ruby felt light. She was rousing to consciousness, her internal clock telling her they'd need to wake soon. For this moment she indulged in the hazy dreamlike recollection of the last ten hours and how they were spent. She could feel that the weight of her responsibilities had shifted greatly. Ruby no longer had to wait two years to be with her mate. She no longer had to worry about developing a relationship despite being apart due to some archaic early mate claim law. Ruby didn't have to think about disappointing her parents for actually having feelings for Ryan this soon. There wasn't any guilt. 

Ruby tried to stay in the emotions of relief but soon enough she remembered the reason behind all of this. For some reason, she was in danger. She didn't want to think about why the council would want to remove her from her family, probably to be locked up in some magical dungeon. The fear of not being prepared used to make her heart race just like the rabbits they used to chase when she and Luke were little. Ruby would catch them and hold them until they would calm. She believed she had this gift not realizing that the rabbit was in a form of shock to protect itself. 

It occurred to Ruby that she might be the rabbit, in a form of shock to protect herself. She didn't want it to be that way. 

Ryan had his arms wrapped tightly about Ruby as he dozed. Ruby couldn't resist blowing on his face gently. She wondered if she could move those long eyelashes of his. Ryan moaned in response to the gentle blowing of Ruby's warm breath on his face.

"Need more sleep," Ryan mumbled as he smiled and leaned down to kiss whatever part of Ruby's face his lips happened to land on. He didn't feel like opening his eyes yet. He also didn't feel like letting Ruby go.

"I need to shower, I don't mean to be gross but I'm positively sticky and it's disgusting. Plus you know, we ARE getting MARRIED in a few hours." Ruby squealed as she leaned forward to kiss him quickly. "Now please my love, let go."

Ryan's smile shifted to one of mischief as he leaned forward and nuzzled against Ruby's new mark. Ruby couldn't stop the moan and curling of her body that resulted. It was pure, intense pleasure that coursed through her when he did that.

"So not fair, Ryan." Ruby's eyes closed as Ryan's hands began to roam over her still naked body.

"Ryan? Ruby?" The calling of their names was accompanied by a knock on the door. It was Evelyn Brose. "Darlings, it's time to prepare. The room is no longer soundproof, just so you know. Ruby, I've got one of the rooms set up with your dress so just get showered and we will get you ready from there."

"Yes, Mama Brose!" Ruby called and then fell into squeals of laughter as Ryan began to tickle her sides mercilessly. 

"Ryan? You need to let her get ready." Evelyn Brose sounded firm behind the door and they could hear her heels walking away.

Ryan groaned as he got up with Ruby and scooted off the bed with her in his arms.

"We are going to shower together." Ryan announced as though it were some kind of royal proclamation.

Ruby did not protest as she was carried to the bathroom and the door was closed behind her. This time she had no need to face away and Ryan seemingly could handle looking at her nakedness. That's what he was doing as he turned the shower tap on. His eyes were skimming over her bare flesh and realizing he'd marked her considerably. He wondered if she'd noticed that yet.

Ruby looked down and could see there were several visible love bites on her body. She lifted her gaze to Ryans as she asked about them.

"Are you worried about the marks?" She didn't understand the expression on Ryan's face.